Quantcast

Plattekill Peeps

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Anybody with AT+T wireless that can confirm or deny service out at plattekill?

I'm thinking about switching carriers but att shows no service in roxbury specifically. Plattekill is one place I'd like to make sure I do have service. I had service with T Mobile and with Verizon.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Planning to move to Delaware County, Noo Yawk?
if i could find a job...wouldn't be so bad....

No, I'm just considering my options...att vs. verizon saves me like $15 a month with similar service. So...outside of the highway which is always covered, the most crucial places for coverage are going to be the fiance's folks house, my house, and "extremities", like plattekill, mt snow, etc....so I just wanted to see if it's available there!

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
ATT works at the mountain but no where else in the area. youd be lucky if you get any service from any provider in town actually.
Tmobile and VZW work at the hill, but Tmobile doesnt work in town....VZW can sometimes work in town

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
ATT works at the mountain but no where else in the area. youd be lucky if you get any service from any provider in town actually
didn't check in town but service was rock solid at the mountain on both of my previous providers...interesting. At the fiance's hometown, they're scared of antennas so coverage blows. Oddly ATT works fine there.

Thanks though...want to make sure I have some service provided to phone the wife or in case of an emergency. I don't make a shedload of calls but it's nice to have service when needed.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
ATT works at the mountain but no where else in the area. youd be lucky if you get any service from any provider in town actually
True. I have Verizon and get nothing until I hit Platty proper. I've sent 'business type' people from Grand Gorge to the mountain, actually to get cell/crackberry service in the past.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
didn't check in town but service was rock solid at the mountain on both of my previous providers...interesting. \

Thanks though...want to make sure I have some service provided to phone the wife or in case of an emergency. I don't make a shedload of calls but it's nice to have service when needed.
the town is in a valley which cuts off a lot of signal. at the mountain, you can pick up any provider's signal.

honestly, in town with any provider will be hit or miss

BUNKERCHUNKS

Monkey
Apr 8, 2008
EAST COAST
Ok here is my experience (having spent a lot more time there then the previous posters) I have switched from AT&T to Verizon about two years ago.
AT&T works fine at the hill, and yes you can get a signal at the house(I have called a sick day or two from there with not much problem) but you have to hike around a bit.
Verizon works fine at the hill and down by the house , You can also send and receive text down in town.
Time of season makes a big difference = winter with no canopy on the trees it works even better. Also you can get a very good signal at the four corners witch is the last road you turn on heading to the MTN.
But Verizon is King up there, the tower is located at Belleayre MTN.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Thanks dude! Should make my decision a little easier. I expect some dead spots and no signal areas, but as long as I have emergency coverage I'll be fine. I don't need to chat in town much or at all, honestly...

BUNKERCHUNKS

Monkey
Apr 8, 2008
EAST COAST
trail erosion work is twig work huh? good to know bob
I think I have an idea who this swift guy is. I poach the trails he builds any chance I get (they are topnotch). As far as trail erosion I think he has more time digging drains and re:direction h2o then you have posting on this site.
pretty sure he is in this vid.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Swift Knee belongs to an exclusive group that not only QUIETLY volunteers to drive up multiple weekends to dig, they have designed stunts, made them and raised the money for the projects. I have seen him up on the mountain in the spring while snow is still on the ground, hammering away.

He has also donated time and materials for some other projects that have enhanced the Bike Park. He has NEVER asked for any thing and does it for the satisfaction that comes along with donating his time.

This group that he belongs to is in the process of raising money for a pretty substantial project at the mountain. The group has the FULL blessing of mountain management and seeks NO glory. Now I'll let them go QUIETLY about their welcomed business.

THANKS GUYS

and please don't get mad at me for this post but I felt it was necessary to help those NOT in the know understand