Quantcast

Plattekill Trail Work Weekend April 18-19

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Dude, triple chair side? Really? Is that going to be a permanent fixture this year? I miss the old gnar on that side of the mountain.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
So it is going back to the broken tooth drop
Hopefully they do the first track from two years ago. That thing was rad! Allthough I'm going to have to go train for longer sprints if we're expected to pedal all the way into the wallride from the far woods...

I can't make the work weekend. I will be visiting colleges I got into that need to be decided may 1st. Will the mountain be open the week before the race? Its the first chance I have to head up there and I need my fix of splatterkill before I have one of the most important races of my young life...

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
I want the triple chair side back! Waaah..

well - I did not get to Platte (or anywhere but Diablo) in 07 duue to a variety of issues, but I desperately want to see that lift open more often. Theres so much stuff up there - such a Hike - EVEN if the cardio is up to par.

<waaah> [Waahmbulance arrives]

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I want the triple chair side back! Waaah..

well - I did not get to Platte (or anywhere but Diablo) in 07 duue to a variety of issues, but I desperately want to see that lift open more often. Theres so much stuff up there - such a Hike - EVEN if the cardio is up to par.

<waaah> [Waahmbulance arrives]
is that a waaaahmburger as your avatar??? :busted:

wheres the french cries!?!?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Will hardcore be back in operation? I never got to tame that trail, and when i went looking for it last year, it was overgrown...

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Please though, nothing stuuuupid. I understand the desire for old school platty, but try not to make it bad stop and start old stuff.

Maybe?

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
don't worry boi, a bit of everything, tech, drops, chutes, shale, wall, and cardio and I promise no stupid crap. Best of all it'll be good wet too.
Sweet that's all I ask for. I would love to be there to help myself butttt that college stuff comes first...

I have so much fun riding at Plattekill. I can't wait!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Seriously, a weekend at platty is one of the best things ever. Yeah, the riding is great, but the fact that you can camp at the base and pee in the woods makes it so much better. Too many of the other resorts don't allow that "redneckery" and it takes from the experience, IMO.

I wish they'd be open mid-week, occasionally. I'd spend a week there, I think.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Seriously, a weekend at platty is one of the best things ever. Yeah, the riding is great, but the fact that you can camp at the base and pee in the woods makes it so much better. Too many of the other resorts don't allow that "redneckery" and it takes from the experience, IMO.

I wish they'd be open mid-week, occasionally. I'd spend a week there, I think.
IF they add showers, sounds good.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
Believe the magazines about everything. I have written in them! If you find my first article (strictly dh US open) i spelled Vernon, the town i live in and grew up in also home of the US open as "venron". the magazines are always cool

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
dude there's a state park down the road...swim in their pool, feel refreshed for another 4 days.

No biggie. I suppose I could stay in delta house and get unprescribed penicillin treatment from the walls/ceiling.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
I vernonrider will not be able to make this trail work session. I have mono and my spleen is oversized. The doctor wants me to hold back from any hard labor and sports for 6 weeks.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
I'm not vernonrider and have a normal spleen, but also won't be making it. My robot transformer arm won't quite be ready for digging, burning, and riding by then.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'll be on the island of saint maarten.

every year I want to go to this, and every year something else is coming up. oh well.