Quantcast

Plattekill Trail Work Weekend April 18-19

NY_Star

Turbo Monkey
"The weekend of April 19-20 will be the official Delta House Racing trail Work weekend. Just Got off the Phone with Lazlo and its all set. So come on up and have some fun and do your part to keep Plattekill the best place to ride in the east. And who knows, we might even let you design some new features. Camping will be allowed if you are coming from afar!

As we promised Beer and BBQ for everyone and Lift tickets for the following day so you can have the mountain to your selves! I sure cant wait! Its gunna be a hell of a start to the 2008 season!"

"It will be a two day event. Saturday we will all work on the trails. Of course, in true Delta House fashion we will have some kegs and BBQ for everyone that helped. And now the best part... Sunday, everyone who worked on the trails will get a free lifticket. You cant buy a ticket and the mountain will only be open to the people who helped out!"

APRIL 19-20 MARK YOU CALANDERS AND BE AT PLATTEKILL

mntbiker2

Monkey
Jun 30, 2007
yes i actually have, i downhill and if you have been reading the past downhill mags..diablo is rated #1 park in the east by far!

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
Hmm lets see big park with lots of money for building that treats is costumers like crap or bigger mountain with better racing and is really nice to everyone who rides there. My vote would have gone towards Highland but my second choice is Plattekill. Horray Plattekill!

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
mike (mntbiker2) you have no idea what your talking about you dont dh.... you ride more freeride....witch diablo is mostly...... well atleast the trails you MOSTLY ride are

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
yes i actually have, i downhill and if you have been reading the past downhill mags..diablo is rated #1 park in the east by far!
riding your bike in a manner such that you are only going in a down direction on a hill doesn't make you a downhiller... by your logic everyone on a road bike would be a downhiller too. and so would my 5 year old cousin who rides his bike down his driveway.

and everyone knows that downhilling is all about what's in the magazines! i mean, where else would I be able to find the latest trends and opinions to take as factual information so that I don't have to make my own decisions about what to wear and where to ride?

:bonk:

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
wow that like 2 weeks ahead of normal lift run time i wonder if they will still have snow
my vote for platt

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
^^^ :rofl: to this. since his accident, pinkshirt isn't allowed to drive outside of new jersey!

Suck it up, Princess! :busted:

and listen, I am convinced that MTBiker007 or whatever the hell is either Ulmer or Tufino! Don't take the bait, mate!
my money is on Ulmer the Elder! :busted:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
just don't forget your bug spray and toilet paper, plenty of booze, and enough stuff to burn to keep you warm.

also: plenty of blankets, and something soft to sleep on. that parking lot is made of hardpack dirt and sharp pointy rocks.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
just don't forget your bug spray and toilet paper, plenty of booze, and enough stuff to burn to keep you warm.

also: plenty of blankets, and something soft to sleep on. that parking lot is made of hardpack dirt and sharp pointy rocks.
and BYO fireworks! Roman candle fight! Plus, you can burn pallets in the parking lot! Can you do that @ Snowshoe!? Plattekill: one of the last great bastions of manhood insanity!

Feb 29, 2008
I'm really interested in coming out to this, but I have almost no trail building experience. I'm more than happy to lift logs, shovel dirt and fall most of the way down the hill like a wayward mountain goat, but I wouldn't be much good without someone telling me what I should be doing. Should I sit it out?

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
I'm really interested in coming out to this, but I have almost no trail building experience. I'm more than happy to lift logs, shovel dirt and fall most of the way down the hill like a wayward mountain goat, but I wouldn't be much good without someone telling me what I should be doing. Should I sit it out?
Absolutely not! The more people the better. You can't clear logs off the trail the wrong way haha

NY_Star

Turbo Monkey
The more people the better. Also any flammables will do. Pallets, Firewood, Gas, TNT, High Explosives. What ever you got. Just show up with a shovel and what ever tools you normally use to build and put in a good days work for a free day of riding.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
I love Plattekill for all the above mentioned reasons... Wish I could come help but chances are I won't be able to. Are you guys clearing all/many of the trails or more specifically the first race course? (If it's the latter, please make it the same as the snow race this past November, I've heard rumors that it will be). Diablo...psh

PS: I think you mean the weekend of the 19th and 20th

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
The weekend of April 19-20 will be the official Delta House Racing trail Work weekend. So come on up and have some fun and do your part to keep Plattekill the best place to ride in the east. And who knows, we might even let you design some new features. Camping will be allowed if you are coming from afar!

As promised Beer and BBQ for everyone and Lift tickets for the following day so you can have the mountain to your selves! I sure cant wait! Its gunna be a hell of a start to the 2008 season!

The mountain and lifts will ONLY be open for those who work on Saturday.

The May race course will be laid out during the weekend and sneak previews will be available, remember this race qualifies one JrX boy and one JrX girl for the USACycling Worlds team with $$$$ support.

!! TRIPLE CHAIR SIDE !!

Course hint and the only one: You'll have fun if your hardcore enough not to break a tooth.