Quantcast

Plattekill vs. Diablo

mtnbiker7

Monkey
May 22, 2007
New Jersey
I've been to Diablo but never Plattekill. I was wondering if plattekill or Diablo would be easier for a Novice. For a noob I'm pretty advanced.Possibly Intermedite. The bike I ride is a stock Scott Voltage 2. If you can tell me about other mountains within 2 hours of the P.A. and N.J. border that would help.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
plattekill is much more of a "natural" terrain mountain. man made stunts are no where near as prevalent. The terrain itself is basically loose shale, which makes for a lot of fun. Its very different from diablo, but is a great place to hone your skills.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Are you looking for strictly DH stuff, freeride, or aggressive super technical XC? There are tons of places withing 2 hours of where you are, depending where on the PA/NJ border you are. I'm the Lehigh Valley/Allentown area and we have no shortage of all that.

mtnbiker7

Monkey
May 22, 2007
New Jersey
Are you looking for strictly DH stuff, freeride, or aggressive super technical XC? There are tons of places withing 2 hours of where you are, depending where on the PA/NJ border you are. I'm the Lehigh Valley/Allentown area and we have no shortage of all that.
I'm looking for freeride and maybe some easy downhill. Since I'm 14 I cant drive so my dad will come with me. I'm in Morris County in Washington township by Hackettstown.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
if you're that close to hackettstown, get a bmx bike and hit the skate park there. that will help you a LOT with bike handling skills and flow... not to mention its a sweet park that's super fun