Quantcast

Plaxton dominates TR3 Stage Race in Canada.

Oct 20, 2009
<p>Sho-Air/Specialized team rider Max Plaxton stamped his authority on this year’s Trans Rockies stage race, taking two out of three stages on the week.</p><p>
</p><p>
The TR3 is run in conjunction with the Trans Rockies seven day stage race, and is a shorter condensed version of the Trans Rockies Stage race. The TR3 also offers up critical UCI points heading into World’s in September, where Plaxton hopes to make a splash in his home country of Canada.</p><p>
</p><p>
Day one started with a 30Km Time Trial, and right out of the box, Plaxton made his intentions known by taking a solid win, one minute up on world cup rival Adam Craig.</p><p>
</p><p>
After the TT Plaxton was pleased with his performance. “The Specialized Epic was absolutely mint on today’s course, it was definitely the weapon of choice” revealed Plaxton.</p><p>
</p><p>
Day two was a longer stage of 72KM, and the Mountie played his cards and matched his closest rivals on the day. After some ripping descents, Plaxton found himself in a lead trio of three, crossing the finish line in second on the day, and preserving his race lead. </p><p>
</p><p>
“Man, than decent into the finish was wicked!! You drop about 5,000+ feet in just 4KM….my Specialized Epic ate up the terrain and kept me at the front again. It was another good day for myself and the team”, reflected Plaxton.</p><p>
</p><p>
Day Three would be a 65KM day, with over 6,000+ feet of climbing. Towards the end of the stage, Plaxton once again showed the field his descending skills and dropped his closest rivals on the last downhill into the finish.</p><p>
</p><p>
From there, Plaxton protected his lead and rolled across the finish several minutes in front of his rivals.</p><p>
</p><p>
“There wasn't really a trail down the mountain so it was up to you to pick and make your line, it was seriously rad. I lost Cory at some point, so with a good cushion I just cruised safely into the finish, taking the stage win and the overall. I got some nice UCI points which should come in handy. The Specialized Epic was absolutely flawless and thanks to Arran my mechanic each day”.</p>

More...