Quantcast

play god

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Fluffer!

EDIT: damn, Zaskar Rider beat me to the post. Guess you're gonne be an engineer... have fun with that :D

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Mattoid said:
an engineer... oh god
If I had it all to do over again. I would get a degree that would be usefull in the adult entertainment industry. My buddy I went to school with got a communications degree and is raking it in in the the adult entertainment industry in Socal. He has a great home, awesome salary, gets to meet tons of awesome babes, gets a new Corvette every year, takes awesome vacations, and just lives the highlife. I am so jealous......jdcamb

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Mattoid said:
why not buisness management?
It is the lowest man on the totum pole of the business school. It teaches you nothing. Then when you graduate hopefully you kept your part time job at Starbucks because it is going to be the only job offer you get. :evil:

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
at Umass we have a program called BDIC (batchelor's degree with individual concentration), and it allows you to design your own major. now that i have my gen ed's out of the way, i take whatever classes i want. i highly suggest something like it. you have to take some BDIC class that meets a few times before you get accepted into the program, and the class is full until spring semester, so i'm not in it yet, but that's my plan. major's are stupid. i don't want to learn any particular field, i've taken a lot of interesting classes that i never would have found had i been stuck in a single major.

unless you plan on entering a specific field (like engineering or being chemistry or something), it doesn't matter what degree you get so long as you get one. my brother was communications and now he runs a student travel abroad company, my parents were psychology and now they do real estate. i only know a small handful of people who ever actually use their degree and they're enginners or white coat lab rats.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Mattoid said:
an engineer... oh god
It's not that bad... just depends on what feild of engineering. I do biomedical (mechanical background) and LOVE IT... just last week I performed surgery on a cadaver! The inside of the human body is VERY cool...

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Pick the major the most hotties are in and make sure to set up a "study" group to surround yourself in tail.

Sociology, Psych and Comm. were loaded with tail at UCSB, and my dumbass became a geography major. At least I can make a map of where the hotties are :rolleyes:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
If you want to work 40hrs a week (get paid time-and-a-half if you have to work over 40) ... get off work at 3:30 PM every afternoon and make a sh!tload of cash.......

...become a plumber.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
It is the lowest man on the totum pole of the business school. It teaches you nothing. Then when you graduate hopefully you kept your part time job at Starbucks because it is going to be the only job offer you get. :evil:
Jeez...I feel so happy to have chosen well a degree and career path! :rolleyes:

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
squarewheels said:
at Umass we have a program called BDIC (batchelor's degree with individual concentration), and it allows you to design your own major. now that i have my gen ed's out of the way, i take whatever classes i want. i highly suggest something like it. you have to take some BDIC class that meets a few times before you get accepted into the program, and the class is full until spring semester, so i'm not in it yet, but that's my plan. major's are stupid. i don't want to learn any particular field, i've taken a lot of interesting classes that i never would have found had i been stuck in a single major.

unless you plan on entering a specific field (like engineering or being chemistry or something), it doesn't matter what degree you get so long as you get one. my brother was communications and now he runs a student travel abroad company, my parents were psychology and now they do real estate. i only know a small handful of people who ever actually use their degree and they're enginners or white coat lab rats.
That's awesome if I wasn't spent from medical technology school years ago, I'd go back and design my own major. It would be called, NOT_HAVING_TO_WORK_THE_REST_OF_MY_LIFE

I still don't know what I want to do with the rest of my life :mumble:

Well, anything but the IT industry. IT sucks.

Knuckle

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
SkaredShtles said:
Did *he* tell you that? :rolleyes:

-S.S.-

He's got 3 crews working with him and I paid him a good chunk of that amount ... :(

Only thing is that you can't be afraid of sh!t or hard work though....

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Knuckleslammer said:
That's awesome if I wasn't spent from medical technology school years ago, I'd go back and design my own major.
Knuckle
Medical Technology?!?! What did you do? There is a SH*T load of medical device companies / hospitals in your area...

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
Law--you can live the high life, while helping people (if you want to) :) Besides, you can be your own boss, and live almost anywhere, because everyone needs lawyers.

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Tully said:
Law--you can live the high life, while helping people (if you want to) :) Besides, you can be your own boss, and live almost anywhere, because everyone needs lawyers.
Medical Technologists make like $20 per hour. It's lame asss work, you have to work 4th shift. Work with zombies. I make a lot more than that doing what I do now, but I still hate it. MONEY SUCKS, WORK SUCKS

I'm going back to school to get a degree in psychology :D

NOT

Knuckle