Quantcast

Play Redneck Games, Win Redneck Prizes.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Regardless, I encourage people to contribute defining things in this thread, and we can determine what is and what isn’t Redneck. I mean, competing in NASCAR is pure Red, but takes shitloads of disposable cash.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Redneck ain’t about money, son.
The jackson resident explains to the man from florida.....

I mean, competing in NASCAR is pure Red,
only if you confuse 'competing in' vs. 'voraciously watching'

There's literally nothing redneck about a guy who owns a construction company in Jackson with two snowmobiles or a helicopter pilot in the same area. Change the title and we can talk about the situation :D

Last edited:

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
While I have never gotten a helicopter quote, 4K seems cheap and he should have agreed to pay this. Then considered it a good thing, or showed up with less cash and a threatening attitude, or with a sheriff.

Why would a guy with a helicopter do this dumb ass shit? Now the guy will sue him for some new snowmobiles.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
It's self explanatory. Anyone, and I mean anyone, jacking broken down snowmobiles in the woods (especially in a community of a few hundred people) is a redneck, regardless of conveyance.
The fact that he used a heli is meaningless, just coming up with the idea is fully jackass Red.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
While I have never gotten a helicopter quote, 4K seems cheap and he should have agreed to pay this. Then considered it a good thing, or showed up with less cash and a threatening attitude, or with a sheriff.

Why would a guy with a helicopter do this dumb ass shit? Now the guy will sue him for some new snowmobiles.
As someone who's had to abandon a sled, coming out of the woods at 2am, then finding a pilot to recover the thing a few days later, I can vouch it's an agonizing very stressful stretch of time until you can get that thing out.

Some fuckwit trying to steal them and ransom them for 4k would have gotten his ass beat and his helicopter set on fire if that area was 20% as 'redneck' as rideit thinks it is. Especially once he knew who the owner was.

I'd happily pay a recovery fee but 4k/sled is over twice what that would be.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
You should really read the things you type before hitting the post button. 3x0 is still 0 :rofl:
Bullshit, there are plenty still hanging on. You have never been to Jackson Lumber at 8:00 AM, The VFW on any night, or the Cowboy after midnight. Some of the reddest low-rent shit anywhere. Have you heard of the...

SNOW KING HILL CLIMB?

Last edited:

junkyard

Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
As someone who's had to abandon a sled, coming out of the woods at 2am, then finding a pilot to recover the thing a few days later, I can vouch it's an agonizing very stressful stretch of time until you can get that thing out.

Some fuckwit trying to steal them and ransom them for 4k would have gotten his ass beat and his helicopter set on fire if that area was 20% as 'redneck' as rideit thinks it is. Especially once he knew who the owner was.

I would imagine it is stressful. Redneck would be to catch a charge when you’re in the right. But I was to understand he went from 10k to 4K for both sleds. Regardless helio boy admitted he stole them then put them in an unknown location back in the woods. He claims his lawyer told him to shut up. Either he has no lawyer or his lawyer is crap. A good lawyer would tell you to give them back with an apology, not commit more crimes.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Resident country bumpkin reporting for duty.
Redneck would have been:
“Man finds two sleds while coon hunting with is cousin. He was charged with theft after dragging the broken down sleds out with his pair of 1991 Yamaha Phasers. Drag marks leading straight to said man’s double wide were a determining factor in his arrest. Man states that he ain’t stoled nothin he done just finded them”.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Resident country bumpkin reporting for duty.
Redneck would have been:
“Man finds two sleds while coon hunting with is cousin. He was charged with theft after dragging the broken down sleds out with his pair of 1991 Yamaha Phasers. Drag marks leading straight to said man’s double wide were a determining factor in his arrest. Man states that he ain’t stoled nothin he done just finded them”.
......speaker of the ancient tongue

Brother...

(and likely cousin)

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Sounds like salvage to me. If you could see the number of abandoned sleds in Alaska...literally thousands

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
It's a few thousand an hour to operate a turbine helicopter...R44 on the other hand, yeah may be a little steep.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Rich and Redneck are not mutually exclusive. The guy who popularized Brodozers rolling coal has himself a fancy whirly-boy that could definitely lift a snowmobileView attachment 187660
Not sure I should admit or not that Mr. Detwiler grew up 10 miles west of my house. Most of his early shit was shot in and around Warsaw. We are fluent in redneck/jackass around here. :rolleyes:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I paid 1200 to get a sled out of the back of kirkwood at 9k (IE expensive bigass bell).
Well then you got a hell of a deal, even an R66, which isn't in the same league as most any other turbine helicopter, is about 1100/hr to operate. If you are talking about 1970 though, carry on.

junkyard

Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Does that mean recieve a live homemade RPG ordinance while in flight?

Homemade RPGs are kinda redneck....
How did you get to that? You can’t be a red neck, all rednecks know “to catch a charge” means to be charged with a crime. But your reading comprehension may be low, which is redneck. I would also say you seem offended and are vigorously defending people not being rednecks. In the finite wisdom of Jeff foxworthy “you might be a redneck”.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I have a new-ish colleague who is ex-Air Force and with a demeanor that could be best described as "corporate redneck". She's not poor either.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Well then you got a hell of a deal, even an R66, which isn't in the same league as most any other turbine helicopter, is about 1100/hr to operate. If you are talking about 1970 though, carry on.
I flew with the guy and did the rigging when we set down...and kinda sorta knew him from using his company with work. Plus as you probably know, most helicopter pilots are snowmobilers in applicable regions. I've got some pics around somewhere but you could probably tell me what we flew. It was fucking big.

How did you get to that? You can’t be a red neck, all rednecks know “to catch a charge” means to be charged with a crime. But your reading comprehension may be low, which is redneck. I would also say you seem offended and are vigorously defending people not being rednecks. In the finite wisdom of Jeff foxworthy “you might be a redneck”.
I was born on a 3 wheeler

Kneel before zod.

Last edited: