Quantcast

Playing around with my new Contour HD

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Sweet hipper transfer at the 2:20 mark. :D

I'd say the skyward fork mount shot is the most unique, but I wouldn't make an entire vid that way. I think this angle would make for an interesting training tool in a "How-To" vid on riding technique. The POV this angle offers allows the viewer to really see when braking is being applied (while leaning in a turn for example) and how frequently. (watch for finger movement in the upper left of the screen). If you did a synchronized split screen with a traditional head-cam shot looking down-range on the trail that would be pretty cool to see over what kind of terrain the braking was being done.

Cool vid ProFro!

:thumb:

Last edited:

Karve

Chimp
Aug 28, 2008
Cool vids - what mounts did you use to get those great shots. Have a vholdr myself so would be very interested.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
That is the stock goggle mount held to the frame with a velcro strap?

I do not work out. I ride bikes and build trails. Why do you ask?

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Hey Doug, is this the 1080p HD or the regular 720p HD?

I'm contemplating buying either this camera or the new Go Pro HD. They both are similar in price and features. Anybody got recommendations?

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
I have the GoPro Wide and now the Contour 1080. I've seen tons of vids from both the GoPro HD and the Contour 1080 HD and the quality is pretty damn close. I loved the chest mount on the GoPro but prefer the ease of use, adjust ability and low side profile of the Contour (for frame and helmet mounting).

It's a toss up really, they're both great.