Quantcast

Please... a moment of silence...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I just got word that a fellow MTB'er and good friend lost his wife on a local trial ride.

She just collapsed and passed away... He performed CPR until the medics came then they air lifted her out of the area but it was to no avail.

They have a six year old son…

We are all in shock.

RIP Donna.

:(

*edit*: She was 41 and in shape and a good rider. Doc said it could have happend anywhere, at anytime... damn.. damn.. damn... Donna was a mother, a wife, an artist.... and more... so much more..

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
that's awful. my condolences to the family.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Sorry to hear it man. Life is precious and it sounds on the surface that it was lived well and if i ever had to leave on the trail, what a great place to go.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
My god, that awful!

I had a riding buddy that had to administer CPR to a guy that he was riding with that had a heart attack... that guy lived, but still, it opens your eyes. Any of us could drop on the trail, you just never know.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
What a horrible thing to have happen. My deepest sympathies to the family and their friends. If there can be a silver lining, at least they were together doing something they love and she got to spend her final moments in his arms...and it didn't happen in front of their child. When my time comes, I pray that I am granted the same kindness.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Miz N8 and I went by and visited Leonard at lunch today.

I don't know what to say to him really... the usual of "I'm sorry" just seems so lame in a time like this. I just let him talk about whatever.. he talked about the incident and how sad/angry/confued he was.

Our local bikey club is doing whatever we can....

Leonard wants to have a memorial erected on the trail which we will do for him.

The corener has not released his findings yet.. maybe tomorrow.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
N8 said:
I don't know what to say to him really... the usual of "I'm sorry" just seems so lame in a time like this. I just let him talk about whatever.. he talked about the incident and how sad/angry/confued he was.
That's really the best thing you can do.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Damn, this year has just not been good for riders. It's sad, but like others have said, at least she was with the one she loved, doing what they loved to do.

My DH buddies and I have had the conversation that the last thing we want to do is bring somone out of the woods, but if God forbid it happens, at least we went doing what we love to do.

My condolences to your friend