Quantcast

Please cast your vote:

8shadow8

Chimp
Jan 6, 2007
Toronto ON. Canada
OK Including other forums, That's 6-0 for litespeed so far. Does anybody have any reasons as to why? I know the comps are better but they've been raced for a year? Plus i get no warranty with the litespeed I get lifetime warranty with the Airborne.

Thanks

8shadow8

Chimp
Jan 6, 2007
Toronto ON. Canada
Take a look at the geometry around the seat/ top tube weld. The rear triangle on the airborne is quite a bit smaller, since it's welded under the top tube and the seat tube has more overflow about the top tube. which would equate to a smaller rear triangle. how would that change the ride?

Thanks

8shadow8

Chimp
Jan 6, 2007
Toronto ON. Canada
Lol, thanks guys, I'm now on the side of the pisgah, I'll have enough for it within 2 weeks. I'll make up my mind by then. I can even get some pictures and a review of whichever bike I grab.

Thanks again.

GotMyGED

Monkey
Mar 29, 2006
Knoxville
You dont get a lifetime warranty with Airborne, because Airborne is no longer in business. If you warranty the bike, you will get a Flyte for the claim, and they are extremely ugly and heavy. And their customer service sucks, based on previous experience. I used to own an airborne, a small piece broke, long story, blah blah blah, and I got a flyte in return, which I hated.

But my friend also got screwed by American Bicycle Group (Litespeed), so I wouldn't count on great customer service from either company.

8shadow8

Chimp
Jan 6, 2007
Toronto ON. Canada
You dont get a lifetime warranty with Airborne, because Airborne is no longer in business. If you warranty the bike, you will get a Flyte for the claim, and they are extremely ugly and heavy. And their customer service sucks, based on previous experience. I used to own an airborne, a small piece broke, long story, blah blah blah, and I got a flyte in return, which I hated.

But my friend also got screwed by American Bicycle Group (Litespeed), so I wouldn't count on great customer service from either company.
Hey, I had actually read about your dealing with airborne, no offence but it didn't seem like what they had done was terrible, I could see how whatv they did would bother you but it seemed necessary.

They're not any heavier than litespeed. The 20" Aresti is 3.75 lbs while the 19.5 pisgah is 3.73 lbs.

From what I've read, Airborne had superior customer service, especially for warranty claims

I have yet to make my decision, I will let you guys know when I do.

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
I'm leaning towards the Pisgah, any more input?

How stiff do you think this bike would be in comparison to an older Mongoose iboc steel frame?
Mongoose IBOC steel was my first mountain bike ! I also had a Litespeed TI "Softail" Unicoi. It was a bouncy thing;not a hardtail..But that sucker was soo bouncy it was dam ridiculous.
I am leaning toward another STEEL hardtail frame.. Although TI will never rust....
Try & ride some frames first i guess !
I have a spine pounding aluminum i never ride.It just sits in my garage. I always grab my 45# DH bike instead...

8shadow8

Chimp
Jan 6, 2007
Toronto ON. Canada
Mongoose IBOC steel was my first mountain bike ! I also had a Litespeed TI "Softail" Unicoi. It was a bouncy thing;not a hardtail..But that sucker was soo bouncy it was dam ridiculous.
I am leaning toward another STEEL hardtail frame.. Although TI will never rust....
Try & ride some frames first i guess !
I have a spine pounding aluminum i never ride.It just sits in my garage. I always grab my 45# DH bike instead...
Thanks for the input. I have though about another steel frame, but the Airborne lancaster costs as much at a good steel frame anyway. And supposedly it is quite stiff, I'm gonna go for the Lancaster, I like its angles better.

Thanks

8shadow8

Chimp
Jan 6, 2007
Toronto ON. Canada
not yet. I've yet to hear back from the flyte seller in regards to the shipping quote among other things. I'm still thinking about the pisgah, but I've now found this one. take a look at the rear triangle.