Quantcast

Please explain "Throw down"....

J

JRB

When used in this context -
'that night - getting ready to throw down on the mechanical bull'.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Well, originally "throw down" means get in a fight, as in hockey players throwing down their gloves on the ice.

But now it gets used for all sorts of unrelated situations.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Well, originally "throw down" means get in a fight, as in hockey players throwing down their gloves on the ice.

But now it gets used for all sorts of unrelated situations.
Like as in the pic above where 2 guys are gonna "make out"

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SuzyCreamcheese said:
"Not that there's anything wrong with that." Wait a minute, yes there is!!!!!

The Cheese
Well maybe where you live in "The People's Republic...."

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
stosh said:
Why do people wear dirty hats...?
In baseball it is a sign of pride to have a hat with the largest most prolific sweat stains ever.

As far as regular people, it just shows that you are a dirty goon who doesn't know how to wash himself.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
"Throwing down the gauntlet" A.K.A "Throwing down"

Meaning: To Challenge. It's from a medieval custom of knights challenging one another by "throwing down the gauntlet". The gauntlet(glove) is thrown at the rival knight's feet. If he picks it up and returns it he has accepted the challenge.

J

JRB

stosh said:
Like as in the pic above where 2 guys are gonna "make out"
I thought the same thing. Then I thought, they are runnin' out some growlers. :dead:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SuzyCreamcheese said:
Which one is "Little Buddy"?

The Cheese
My guess is the one with the hat backwards is "The catcher" so he can get his face mask off quick if his dirty hat is backwards.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
stosh said:
Why do people wear dirty hats...?
'cause i was on a 4000 mile bike ride. everything was dirty.

loco, you should see some of the other pictures from that night. think afterhours at the local pool, friendly high schoolers, their parents bringing ice chests, and, of course, a cooler of:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
stosh said:
My guess is the one with the hat backwards is "The catcher" so he can get his face mask off quick if his dirty hat is backwards.
The hat is backwards so the "pitcher" has something to control the situation with. Think of it as the reins(sp) on a horses bit.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
the Inbred said:

loco, you should see some of the other pictures from that night. think afterhours at the local pool, friendly high schoolers, their parents bringing ice chests, and, of course, a cooler of:

Yeah like I haven't heard that excuse a millionty times before.

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
the Inbred said:

loco, you should see some of the other pictures from that night.
Is the Inbred admitting he is in that picture??? All of a sudden his screen name is starting to make more sense.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
loco said:
When used in this context -
'that night - getting ready to throw down on the mechanical bull'.

Yeah, probably not the best picture to post on the internet. The hat is dirty, but worse than that, it's a Nike product...

J

JRB

the Inbred said:
assholes, you's all a buncha assholes.

do the smileys work yet?
Sorry - I forgot that they would turn this into a bash. I guess it's not as funny if they don't know you, and actually think you are a cool guy.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I think the term is, "Get thrown the f*ck across the room by the mechanical bull, thus smashing my skull inside a dirty hat..."

But I'm sure after 64 oz of MD 20/20 it was all a very blurry memory.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
johnbryanpeters said:
I'm afraid to ask, but what is MD 20/20? It looks vile...
I think it is a fortified wine. You can tell it is of the highest quality because the bottle has a warning that it contains phosphates. Mmmmm phosphates.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i'm on the left. Steve's on the right. we tied.

it was supposed to be a "who's better; a mtb-er or a roadie" contest. first round, i lost. second round, i won. third we tied. it was a $5 donation (Relay for Life event) each time, so Steve and i didn't really want to keep going after the first round. other riders threw in $10 for us to go again, and then the operator of the bull threw in a $10 for us to go one more time.

Steve

Me