Quantcast

Please guys... drop the negativity and the egos

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Good grief...what is wrong with you bitches?? When did DHer's become such delicate flowers?
That's what I'm wondering. Maybe we just need a separate folder in the forum called the "sh*it flinging ape house".

soul-skier

Monkey
May 18, 2009
Mother Nature
Serious response from me:

It's not just the boards that are negative. Its our (American) society and culture in general. Everyone's drinkin' the Haterade these days.
It's not just American culture and society. It's a global pandemic. Like Michael Jackson said, "If you want to make the world a better place take a look at yourself then make a change." That's why I want to move to Canada and praise Haliee Selassie. Who's coming with me?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Good point, will do ;)

BTW. I think half of the negativity comes from some people not understending when someone else is fooling around.

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
Serious response from me:

It's not just the boards that are negative. Its our (American) society and culture in general. Everyone's drinkin' the Haterade these days.
I think you got it there. It doesn't help that the American economy is falling apart -- lots of folks are stressed out, lots of people on the verge of poverty, or what feels to them like poverty.

Add that up with the fact that DH is a form of cycling that requires a bit of aggression --I think of releasing predatory instincts and trying to chase something down when I pin it-- you're going to see people a bit more aggro than usual, I think.

I think it helps to for us all to ask ourselves, before posting something, whether we'd want to say that to a friend, or whether we'd be bold enough to say it to the face of someone who is easily angered. We all know the internet gets in the middle and gives people a bit more freedom to unleash their inner devils.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I think it helps to for us all to ask ourselves, before posting something, whether we'd want to say that to a friend, or whether we'd be bold enough to say it to the face of someone who is easily angered. We all know the internet gets in the middle and gives people a bit more freedom to unleash their inner devils.
Goes both ways though. I'm alot more honest and upfront with friends then I am with strangers, because I mean nobody any harm. I say things like I see em, but if I were talk to people like I talk to my friends, most people would get offended thinking I was being a dick.

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
Oh, and...

Haha...

Good grief...what is wrong with you bitches?? When did DHer's become such delicate flowers?
That´s a very good question. It used to be all balls out, but now it´s just packed in together with shimz and oil weights. No wonder people get frustrated. You just got to get out some time. Visiting new places can be a very good thing, if they´re clean.

Last edited:

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
I'm the best rider in the world. Santa Barbara kicks a$$ and we're all the greatest s**t on the planet.

Haha, jk. In all honesty...idk why there was so much hostility on here. We're all riders, we all used to be slow and just beginning at some point. I think that some of us just forget the fact that we used to be in that place too. I remember back in the day racing beginner, looking at all the fast guys and wishing I could some day race Pro. Now, I am racing Pro but still have mad props for every downhiller out there because you're out there doing what we all love....riding bikes!

No matter what class you race, where you live, how fast or slow you are, we all share the love of riding...let's just leave it at that.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Is it because I'm not here much these days?

I'm still around guys, I still love you all.

I feel I'm the one to blame here. Maybe I just need to spend more time with you all.

Hug me.

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
Bumped because i feel some people need to re-read the original post.

This seems to happen every off season.. in the absence of WC races or new products to discuss, every other thread turns into an multiple page argument, out of which nothing constructive can come.

Negativity and aggressive posting drags the vibe of the whole forum down. Not that we should all be holding e-hands and singing Kumbaya, differences of opinion will always be present but can we just keep things a bit more civil? :)