Quantcast

Please guys... drop the negativity and the egos

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Please... just think about what you're about to post each time you do it, and if it's negative, pointless, hostile or bitchy then just don't post it, or change it so it's positive. I know I'm as guilty of this as anyone too. This site used to be one of my favourite ways to kill time, but lately there has just been so much silly negativity that isn't helping anyone. We're all on the same side here. If you think someone's an idiot, keep it to yourself, there is just no need for people who would otherwise probably get along like a house on fire to be fighting over absolutely trivial things on the internet. Disagreeing with somebody, even if you *know* you're right, doesn't mean you have to actually reply to what they say, let alone declare war on them.

Come on, I love riding bikes, you love riding bikes, quit the in-fighting! :cheers:

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
We all started somewhere knowing absolutely nothing. Where did the love go?

Too many threads are being turned into emoticon piles these days.

dazz

Chimp
Jan 12, 2007
Down Under
There's a pic of an actual socket with a message written on it directed at 'Socket' that would be perfect to post right now... (any long time Farkin posters should know what I'm talkin bout) :brow:

ph4se_1

Chimp
Jun 17, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
site really is going downhill,with waay too many pointless posts being put up just so certain people can get there dick-measuring post count to increase.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Socket - Agreed!

I was just thinking about this a few months ago, but couldn't have said it any better myself. The vibe seems to have gone from "helpful" to "bitter, sarcastic, d!ckweed". I've lost my cool a few times on here but some people feel like being douchebags just to give themsleves a good laugh.

Let's not let this place turn into an adult version of Pinkbike gentleman.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Socket - Agreed!

I was just thinking about this a few months ago, but couldn't have said it any better myself. The vibe seems to have gone from "helpful" to "bitter, sarcastic, d!ckweed". I've lost my cool a few times on here but some people feel like being douchebags just to give themsleves a good laugh.

Let's not let this place turn into an adult version of Pinkbike gentleman.
agreed

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Serious response from me:

It's not just the boards that are negative. Its our (American) society and culture in general. Everyone's drinkin' the Haterade these days.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
I blame talk radio for the general tone of discourse that has been happening in America over the past few years. It began in radio with the likes of Hannity, Savage, & Rush. Then it bled onto the cable shows with "experts" screaming talking points at each other. From there it rolled into the once respectable Sunday shows (RIP Russert), sports shows (talk radio & ESPN), business shows (Cramer, Orman), etc. Everyone now seems to think that discussion must consist of ranting and screaming at each other. It is embarrassing to watch and irritating to listen to. Seems like everyones chip-on-the-shoulder has turned into a boulder. As much as I might think Pat Buchanan is wrong politically & socially, he mostly debates and presents arguments in a non-combative manner. Same for Rachel Maddow on the left. (I type this as I have Mike Francesa on in the background the FAN with tough guy callers yelling and ranting about NY sports teams...)

-ska todd

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Serious response from me:

It's not just the boards that are negative. Its our (American) society and culture in general. Everyone's drinkin' the Haterade these days.
A serious reply to a serious post about being too serious.

People just take themselves too seriously. It's bikes and intertubes nothing remotely important.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I blame talk radio for the general tone of discourse that has been happening in America over the past few years. It began in radio with the likes of Hannity, Savage, & Rush. Then it bled onto the cable shows with "experts" screaming talking points at each other. From there it rolled into the once respectable Sunday shows (RIP Russert), sports shows (talk radio & ESPN), business shows (Cramer, Orman), etc. Everyone now seems to think that discussion must consist of ranting and screaming at each other. It is embarrassing to watch and irritating to listen to. Seems like everyones chip-on-the-shoulder has turned into a boulder. As much as I might think Pat Buchanan is wrong politically & socially, he mostly debates and presents arguments in a non-combative manner. Same for Rachel Maddow on the left. (I type this as I have Mike Francesa on in the background the FAN with tough guy callers yelling and ranting about NY sports teams...)

-ska todd
If you wanna open that can of worms... another part of the issue that I have with these types (limbaugh, coulter, cheney, etc) is that they force everything into a black and white issue - their way, and the wrong way. I would bring up religion, but then this thread would get moved to the P&WN forum.