Quantcast

Please help a tall man with his question.

Oct 1, 2008
Hey,

I am 19 years old now and used to do a bit of dirt jumping when I was a few years younger (and shorter) and now want to get back into the sport. I am currently set on purchasing a Specialized P. Series bike, but I am still open to other suggestions.

The problem: I have been surfing the internet and visiting my local bike shop in Greensboro, NC and have been discouraged by a problem involving my size and the P. Series. I am 6'5" and weigh 160 lbs. I have been told I should ride nothing with a wheel smaller than 26" and that if I were to get a P. All Mountain I should get a size 21. For those of you familiar with these bikes, is it still possible for me to ride a P.1 or P.2 frame size large (long) comfortably with my height? I tried out the P bike the bike shop had and my knees came fairly close to the handle bars. I need to be sure I can comfortably fit on one of these bikes before I drop $600 - $1100 on one.
Thank you in advance for any information you can lend me.

-Kyle

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
That is a good question.

One of my friends is 6'4" and he uses a P.Bike for DJ.

A problem with many DJ bikes now is that they dropped sizes. There used to be S/M/L but I believe Specialized does not do that any more.

You might want to find a DJ bike that does come in a size large.