Quantcast

Please help me with this riddle....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Hey All--

Ok, so a co-worker dropped this riddle on me, and I'm completely braining flatulencing(sp?) on the answer. PLEASE HELP!!!

The fertile sands of this Devil's Isle shore-
Where all is lost and found no more-
Sail the Seven Seas around-
To keep The Tempest from its hound......

Where the heck is he talking about?? He even went a step further and said I needed the longitude/latitude coordinates. Granted, we're always playing mind twister games on each other like this, but this one has me, and I refuse to give in.

Any clues or answers??? Thanks for the help!!!!!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Devil's Island (French Île du Diable) is the smallest island of the three Îles du Salut located off the coast of French Guiana at 5°17′N 52°35′W. It has an area of 14 hectares (34.6 acres). It was a notorious French penal colony until 1946. There are many cultural references to the island but perhaps most famously, it was the subject of the 1973 movie "Papillon" with Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman.

Jeez, I thought everyone knew that. :D

pepe

Monkey
Jun 13, 2006
North of the border
OGRipper said:
Devil's Island (French Île du Diable) is the smallest island of the three Îles du Salut located off the coast of French Guiana at 5°17′N 52°35′W. It has an area of 14 hectares (34.6 acres). It was a notorious French penal colony until 1946. There are many cultural references to the island but perhaps most famously, it was the subject of the 1973 movie "Papillon" with Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman.

I hope you feel terrible when the guy makes a scene because he didn't get kicked in the nuts. :think:

*Impressive that you know that though.

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
OGRipper said:

If google did not exist I would say "WOW!":)