Quantcast

Please help us save our radio station!!!!!!!!

Pulser955

Monkey
Oct 29, 2002
Outside Philly pa.
Thursday Philly lost its only modern rock station. This is a huge loss for music in the area. Y100 was huge in permoteing local music and being involved with the community in charity events. The Parent company for Y100 pulled the plug over night with no warning at all. They walked in Thursday and fired every one at the station and went to a Rap format. Y100 was the 7th highest rated station in the market. It was killed because radio one states that its responsibility is to permote African American radio in its markets. This is the second time in 10 years they killed a modern rock station here. In 95 radio one acquired WDRE and killed it over night the same way. Most of its employee’s made there way to Y100 and now its happed agen. Only this time we are left with nothing. Please go to this website and sign the petition and help us get our station back.y100rocks.com

Pulser955

Monkey
Oct 29, 2002
Outside Philly pa.
This is less about Rap vs. Rock and more about our ability to chose being taken away from us. This is just another opportunity for corporate America to take from us to make money. We need to send a message to Radio One that this is not right and they can’t do this kind of thing with out some kind of pay back.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
Brian HCM#1 said:
And that was just an ok station at best, but it was the best rock station in the bay area, thats really sad.
What is sad is you are right. I don't even listen to the radio anymore now except when I gotta bump my boy 50 cent

special O

Chimp
Dec 5, 2002
I'm lucky and have an awesome college radio station in my town. I just wanna know why ppl still listen to the crappy rock/rap stations........ commercials suck

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
They've been axeing modern and alt rock stations around here left and right...one really popular modern rock station met the same fate as yours, Pulser. Shut down overnight, no warning, nothing. Now it's "JACK radio", whatever the **** that's supposed to mean.

splat

Nam I am
The Kadvang said:
Dam ! I remeber listening to them Back in High school!
Haven't thought about the stations out there in years.
And I am not goingto mention the ones I used to listen to because I'm sure they are all gone and been gone a long time and I don't feel like feeling that old , this early in the morning.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
BuddhaRoadkill said:
Which is equally as crappy, as redundant, as full of hype and chatter as normal radio. Satalite sucks, don't waste your money. :mad:
Well I like it, its nice to be able to hear what type of music I want anytime. Dj's aren't too bad, I can live with it.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
You arent going to win that battle. In South Florida over night we lost 1 of 2 rock stations (the one that remained was "Classic Rock." Anyway without warning ClearChannel turned 94.9 Zeta (the rock station) into what THEY CALL "Spanglish." :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Luckily about 2 days later, one of the local, but smaller "Hip Hop" stations jumped ship and changed their format to Rock.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
haha, the exact same thing happened here in DC, but instead of rap they play spanish pop music. Crazy ****.