Quantcast

Please, I need your help finding.......

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Hello Oh Great Gurus of Monkies----

I have a "much" older CAAD3 Cannondale mtb frame w/a Fatty D fork. I know what you're thinking, "why doesn't the damn fool get rid of it and get a real bike?" Well, let me tell you why-- It was won on Alaina's first b-day, is in matte green (her middle name is Sage), and I in no way will ever get rid of it for all the sentimental reasons tied to it.

That being said, I'd really like to replace the internals of the fork. I called C-dale, and they told me the newer internals won't retrofit, that I'd need to upgrade the fork. When I explained the above reasons, the lady said to do some web surfing. I also called a local-ish C-dale dealer, and have yet to hear back (not even a "you're out of luck" call).

So, my question to all of you wise and knowledgeable ones is-- Would any of you know of a dealer/seller/alley-shop person that may have the upgraded internals I seek? I don't know if the fork is the 60 or 80 model, as it's not listed on the decals or fork legs. I'd rather go with air/oil, if that matters, though a beefier spring will suffice, too.

Any info you can pass my way will be most appreciated, and thank you for your help.