Quantcast

Please look at this pic and comment

yellowfox

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
Akron OH
Hey guys i'm building some box jumps for an indoor mountain bike park and i wanted some advice. I don't have much ceiling space to work with. 12'3" to the bottom of trusses but there is some spaces between them. I built a proto box jump that was realy basic. 36" high and an 8' top. I want something bigger though. check out the pics.

heres a link to the one i have already. go to thelink towards the bottom that says contruction photos and browse through till you see me a dude on an AC with a super t. think theres another one of me a couple pics after that too a little higher.

http://raysmtb.com/

heres a pic of the one i am thinkin about building

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
12' ceiling... that's scary man :(
I would suggest going to a bmx/skate park & checking out their ramps...

how much space is between the trusses? An option is to build the ramps to launch between the trusses (as scary as that sounds)... it is something people do quite often.

- dump

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
is there any chance of going below floor level? What's the flooring?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Looks like a fine jump design, maybe a little short as far as table length. But I would be very worried about that ceiling height.

yellowfox

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
Akron OH
well the trusses are 40' apart the direction we are running them so there is no concern on that. shouldn't be a problem with height.

flatulant_man

Monkey
Jun 19, 2004
Food Fondlers' Convention
those look awesome. hey, what would be cool is a box jump rhythm section straight down the middle, like ten jumps, fifteen maybe. you could ride it either way, and have a big roll-in up on the wall, with a foot ramp up the side and a balcony for many people to wait at. all the way across the room.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
The table is too short, it would be perfect for skateboarding. You should at least put a good 15 feet on the table top so you get plenty of air to do those nutty tricks.