Quantcast

PLOWED by the MAN.............

dirtdevil

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
Coto de Caza
Lake Forest is no longer available! :mumble: Bulldozer is the key word. The countless hours of digging gone in a few hours by heavy machinery! What a shame. Somebody must have left the fun meter unpaid cause the maid definitley cleaned house. Lets all have a moment of silence................................................... R.I.P. :evil:

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
The whole thing, or just the bottom? I know every year the guy comes in and grates / plows over the first 50-100ft of land closest to the road. He got the rest this time too?

If so, I'd have to say it's likely because of a few factors. First, things were getting too visible. For example, that whole set of jumps up the hill on the right side (as you face the hill from the road) was visible whenever anyone was jumping. Second, some poorly built wood structures had cropped up, and likely drawn the ire of local residents. Third, kids on 50's like to hit the park and make a lot of noise....not good.

dirtdevil

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
Coto de Caza
Everything is gone. I was there yesterday right when they finished. They had two dozers, one little ol' bobcat and one big ass loader. Every line is bombed. Everybody is gonna have an excuse for why they got plowed but obviously it had to be privately owned land and that is prime OC property that would sell for a nice price to the right guy. Looks as if they are ready to build some more very needed apartments :nuts:

Even if they don't build right away, just as soon as the landowner becomes aware of modifications to her property or other hazards, the "Recreational Use Statute no longer provides immunity for liability when someone gets hurt using the open land to recreate. So, when some kid (or adult) stacks hard on his Banshee or his 50, or even trips and falls while running over the jumps, and then decides they want to cash-in, the landowner is on the hook.

Faced with that, it's the reasonable thing to do for the owner to bulldoze the **** out of the place. Bad deal.

Alloy

Monkey
Aug 13, 2004
thousand oaks, ca
-BB- said:
If that is true, it is probably the 50's that were the main reason.
Lately 50's have the been the main reason for jumps getting torn down. Not only do they rut out and loosen up the jumps but they makes noise. Neighbors don't like the constant rrrrrrgrr.... rrrrrrrrrrrrrrgge. It would drive me crazy too. I can name 3 of the local spots around where I live that are now torn down due to 50s.

So next time you build put up some sturdy "NO 50s" signs around the jumps, then beat them up if you catch them. The sign will be reason enough. Word will spread dirt jumps are off limits to 50's and they will stop coming around, loose places to ride and hopefully this god awful trend will stop.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
It has to be a project that has been long approved by the local jurisdiction. I mean, especially in OC in that neighborhood, one can't just plow or grade a hill like that without obtaining a grading permit (which is preceded by obtaining environmental permits -4d take permit). Unless the property owner is blitzing the property illegally, then that's another zone code enforcement and environmental issue..

So if it is indeed a housing project, the LF DJ spot's fate had been decided 8 months ago or so by a tentative tract map or development plan at a duely noticed public hearing. If your DJ spots are within a subdivsion or urban infill area, it's just a matter of time....and it happens all the time.

racenjason

Chimp
Apr 1, 2002
Jimmy from Push told me the other day when it got dozed. You know the place lasted a lot longer than i ever thought. Props go out to The Osbornes, who first created Lake Forest back in '97. Jimmy and I started going there oh probably since 99. Then Kori with Many countless hours of digging created what some people call Lake Forest which he gave the name "The Grove". For those who got to ride and take part of the great memories and for some-some bad memories. All in all it was fun while it lasted. Jason