Quantcast

Pnw Rebull Rampage

Slider

Monkey
May 23, 2004
Moscow, ID
The biggest problem with a campus ride is A. Last time we were there everyone who wasn't a wsu student got threatned with tresspassing and destruction private property. B. I want to put on something that is more organized and spectator friendly that is in the the dirt. Plus rocks are part of MTBing and alot of stuff that is done at the rampage was cleared by people who planned on doing it. creating the chance for ultimate freedom.

lucky13

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
Seattle, WA
Tootrikky said:
Yeah the latest Decline Mag has a write up of a Speed Trials event they did in South America in a downtown metro area w/ all the big names like Chase, Vandine and Mcaul. The Pictures of it are pretty insane, it looked like a fun event to watch. Imagine if you had course like that with dirt jumps and berms and such as well. It would be like dual slalom on steriods!
That's not trials.

Love,

Your local Trials snob.

I think you're on to something though, just do a bikercross event from Capital Hill to Pioneer or Beacon to SODO with enough big obstacles to double over/wallride off of (metro long buss turned so it's kinked in the middle?).

Then again, isn't that called the Dead Baby Downhill?

mo-extreme hucksters,.. lol

ragin-sagin

Monkey
Oct 2, 2003
NZ
How about Ashland? There is a sweet spot to build some big stuff...a huge bowl-like rock pit that would be very spectator friendly...lots of local support...right on I-5...I am sure the city would allow all the permitting and everything!!! Yea!

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
call DNR, get permission for a race in the CAPITOL FOREST (Olympia, baby!), throw it at night, use trail 30 (gnarly shuttle run with DH terrain with babyheads and roots), see about the possiblity of using non permanent wooden obstacles in the race ( might not be permissable for insurance reasons) light the obstacles and landings with lanterns and mark the trail with glowsticks. Something like this would rule. GNARCORE for life!

I am try to provide a realistic synthesis of some of the ideas mentioned above, as some of them were poop.

Thanks for reading my ramble. I had fun, did you? :)

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
lucky13 said:
That's not trials.

Love,

Your local Trials snob.

I think you're on to something though, just do a bikercross event from Capital Hill to Pioneer or Beacon to SODO with enough big obstacles to double over/wallride off of (metro long buss turned so it's kinked in the middle?).

Then again, isn't that called the Dead Baby Downhill?

mo-extreme hucksters,.. lol

Yeah I know it's called Speed Trials!

lucky13

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
Seattle, WA
Tootrikky said:
Yeah I know it's called Speed Trials!
I figure if they don't count dabs, then what's the point? It's just a DS course with big ups or skinnies in the middle of it. Hardly trials. But evidently Trials is too hard for the FR crowd around here, hence it's unpopularity. "Go big DUDE" "Send it Eh!" "Pin it!" Sometimes I wonder why you guys aren't into motoX instead of something that you have to pedal and handle with all that suspension and crap to lug around. To each their own though.

Like I said: s n o b.

I like the barge idea the best so far, 'cept you need some bungee jumping, paragliding, from barge to barge to make it more "extreme".

Seriously though. A jump jam of some sort on a barge in Elliot bay does sound pretty sweet. Do they make em that large though? Like tanker large? That seems flamboyant enough for Redbull.