Quantcast

PNW Road Trip

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Hello,

We are planning our summer vacation and looking for cool trails to ride.

Some info about us. I'm an advanced rider, but the little lady is technically intermediate with a good cardio and moderate endurance. So we are not looking for gonzo abusive 30+ miles rides and 4000 feet of climbing. (We are flatlanders after all...:rolleyes: )

We did enjoyed the 401 in Crested Butte if that could help in pointing us in the right direction.

We are planning on hitting these locations:

Banff (no biking)
Anything in between Banff and Whistler
Whistler, BC (Bike Park
)
Eugene, OR (McKenzie River Trail)
Bend, OR
Ketchum, ID (Fisher Creek)
Yellowstone (no biking)
Bozeman, MT

So any suggestions on nice singletrack trails will be more than welcomed.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
You could take a little detour.... Missoula and Kalispell have some nice trails in Montana. Fernie is also on the way. I might be around to show you some trails.

You will drive right through Golden and Sun Peaks too.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Skookum said:
Whatever you do, don't stop in Washington State, all the trails there suck.:)
Any suggestions are welcomed... unless the trails really do suck... ;)

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
PsychO!1 said:
Between Bend and Eugene is the McKenzie River Trail....a must do!!! See Skookums ride report on this one.
Already on the list! :thumb:

Question: Is there a shuttle service in the area for those who do not what to do an out and back on MRT?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sorry not going to be too helpfull but I just got back from the Jackson Wy area. I didn't ride but there seemed to be millions of bikes on top of cars and plenty of bikers getting ready to ride in road side parking areas. Teton and Yellowstone National Parks don't allow riding but there are millions of acres of national forest surrounding them.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I've heard about this place before. Suppose to have good riding there.

Any other suggestions??

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Jozz said:
Any suggestions are welcomed... unless the trails really do suck... ;)
You don't have any timeline. Personally i would recommend doing most of the riding around the Cascade Range (i.e. from Whistler to McKenzie and everything inbetween if you're doing XC. i may be wrong but i'm assuming the temperatures in Idaho and Montana are going to be scorching, so unless you're doing gravity assist plan on hitting that stuff early in the morning.

But as i extend the offer to many out of state monkeys, if you give me a timeline i may be able to lead a ride for you. If nothing else i can dial you into directions, maps, etc for a ride tailored to what you're into.