Quantcast

PNW Tire reccomendations?

chance199

Monkey
May 23, 2009
Port Orchard, WA
I need to get some tired for my big hit 3. i CAN NOT decide what tired to get. so i decided to ask the fellow pnw ridemonkeys for ideas. All i really do is Down Hill and Free Ride. Im looking for a tire that can handle every condition we have around here. I was looking for something thats not insanely expensive also.

So in your opinion whats your favorite tire to use?:thumb:
http://lp1.pinkbike.com/p4pb5297412/p4pb5297412.jpg

schaefdog

Monkey
Nov 15, 2001
Marysville WA
I am currently running Minion DHF/R

2.7F 2.5R

42a compound.

They are amazing when it is wet.

When it is dry I am riding a 2.4 Ardent single ply folding tire up front, and a 2.35 folding minion DHR in the back.

These work very well for most trails I ride. Probably similar to yours. Freeride/DH type stuff only.

YoPawn

Chimp
Aug 13, 2009
Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5 3C

Best tires out there.

-KT
Yup. For pure DH, DHF 2.5 3C in the front and rear is tops. More grip than the 42a from my experience.

If you have to pedal up, I've found the Kenda Excavator to be a better up and down tire.

T.Rex

Monkey
Sep 6, 2004
Pacific Northwest
Chance, IMO, only one choice if you're looking for top end performance; Maxxis Minion; they are hands down, tried and tested the best I've found. BTW, I have a newish set of Triple C Compound Minions; 2.5 with 90-95% of the tread. By them today for 50 dollars. send me a PM or email;
bmhollan1@gmail.com

I'm in Maple Valley

Last edited: