Quantcast

PNW's Picture thread!!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
12,720
1,441
Fort of Rio Grande
Clear action shots with your typical digital camera are very difficult to get. BAH's VERY GOOD camera takes excellent images. Have you monkey's taken any action snaps that are this good? I challenge you to post them. I won't because I haven't. I am submitting BAH's web site to Dirt Biker magazine - I hope he has lot's of free bandwidth...
 

DrewS

Monkey
Oct 15, 2001
109
0
Bellingham, WA
Have you had any issues with getting the bead to set on the Arrow? I have a somewhat difficult time getting it set right, it tends to blow off when filling it up. Also last time I was at Whistler the tire blew right off the rim. It sucked, I was near the top and had to walk all the way down.
 

Freak

...............................................
Aug 15, 2001
3,727
0
Redmond, Washington
Originally posted by DrewS
Have you had any issues with getting the bead to set on the Arrow? I have a somewhat difficult time getting it set right, it tends to blow off when filling it up. Also last time I was at Whistler the tire blew right off the rim. It sucked, I was near the top and had to walk all the way down.
This is the first time i've put a Maxxis on an arrow....but I've never had a problem with the Michelins and arrows...
 
Damn Freak, you've got more toys than Castle Superstores! How's the geometry of that bad boy? It actually looks pretty normal, in spite of the six inch fork.
I've never been a huge hardtail fan, but that has to be the sickest one I've ever seen.
I'm dying to see your next project.:D
 

Freak

...............................................
Aug 15, 2001
3,727
0
Redmond, Washington
Originally posted by olymudder


Freak,

Give us a review on that sherman. Im gonna probably get on on the new k2 bike coming out. Unfortunalty the sample forks we have had in all sucked. Hopefully they were just early production models. Im curious what others thought of the fork.
Yea I'll let you know how it is....I'm thinking of heading over to Rat Pac on Sat with it...Maybe...
 
Originally posted by RatFarmer
Damn Freak, you've got more toys than Castle Superstores! How's the geometry of that bad boy? It actually looks pretty normal, in spite of the six inch fork.
I've never been a huge hardtail fan, but that has to be the sickest one I've ever seen.
I'm dying to see your next project.:D
Why don't you bring that puppy into work next week... :D

*drool*
 

kafin8ed

Devil Goat Boy
Aug 12, 2001
48
0
Woodland Hills, CA
well, I am back! we went to Whistler, armed with two bikes and a vison... a vision to ride... and we left... well, we left an odor... but aside from that, I'll let this picture do all the talking... for I am tired from driving for 8 hours...
 

Attachments

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
1,145
0
The Foothills
awesome photos Bah. How did you get a day at whistler when there was absoloutley no one in the village or at the jumps?

I was there last week on Wed. What day were you there?
 

serbdog

Monkey
May 13, 2002
141
0
drexel hill, pa
Originally posted by Serial Midget
Clear action shots with your typical digital camera are very difficult to get. BAH's VERY GOOD camera takes excellent images. Have you monkey's taken any action snaps that are this good? I challenge you to post them. I won't because I haven't. I am submitting BAH's web site to Dirt Biker magazine - I hope he has lot's of free bandwidth...


What kind of camera is it?
 

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
4,625
0
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by BAH


Wow it has changed since Jan '98 when I was there last. That restaurant is where I got smashed on hot wine at the bar on the patio.........I was there all day bruising up watching my buddies come down all day.

It was my 2nd time ever skiing........ and last. :D

Goood times......knee the size of a grapefuit......too much baileys irish creme liquor......goooood times.
 

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
285
0
nor cal
Ahem! Can you say road trip?


One thing I noticed, tho. Where's all the girls? Aren't there any in your area?
 

SVEN

Sponsor Whore
Feb 9, 2002
84
0
here and there, sometimes
Originally posted by RatFarmer
Thanks to Rhino for hooking me up with my 2002 Bullit from his RDR teammate. It's finally together. Doc gave the okay to ride, so I should be taking it to Snoqualmie this weekend on its maiden voyage.

Cool! What kind of bike is that? Who makes it? Nice cranks BTW.
 

SVEN

Sponsor Whore
Feb 9, 2002
84
0
here and there, sometimes
that was cold, and obviously said out of jealousy, both of my bike and my superior (to you anyways) skills. I forgive you. But you really need to show more productive ways of venting your jealousy. I'll tell ya what, I'll think about letting you ride my beauty tonight, but just for a quick spin. Any longer and you will experience a rare disorder called Horstleitner Syndrome. Symptoms of withdrawal are hallucinations, diarrhea, and thinking you're a good rider because you can show old ladies and cops your skinny. So you must only ride it for a block or so.
 

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
285
0
nor cal
Originally posted by BAH


we got kazonie:D
Very nice!!!! That's more like it.

I saw that you guys know Freak, do you know Sara & Laura Johnson, & their friend Leigh as well? How bout Sarah Chandler? Bad a$$ riders!!
 

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
285
0
nor cal
Originally posted by BAH
i know freak but not the others... but ive only gotten into this whole biking thing a few months ago..
Ah! I see. Be careful of Freak, he's a Freak.
(Harhar.)
 

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
4,625
0
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by Lucee


Very nice!!!! That's more like it.

I saw that you guys know Freak, do you know Sara & Laura Johnson, & their friend Leigh as well? How bout Sarah Chandler? Bad a$$ riders!!
Leigh gets her biked hauled around in RDR's trailer and Chandler is really fast! I think it is Sara Johnson I see racing more, but all of them are at the WIM races and many of them hit the CPR series up here.

You know them well Lucee?
 

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
285
0
nor cal
Originally posted by RhinofromWA


Leigh gets her biked hauled around in RDR's trailer and Chandler is really fast! I think it is Sara Johnson I see racing more, but all of them are at the WIM races and many of them hit the CPR series up here.

You know them well Lucee?
I met them when we all turned pro together. (The Sara's & me), I met Leigh a few years ago at Mammoth, when they were running the Velocity. Then, I stayed w/them & Freak at Big Bear this year.

I wouldn't say we're best buds, but I really liked hanging with them. And, Sara's given me an open invitation to come ride & check out the new house. I think I'll hafta do that!!:D
 

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
1,279
0
Atlanta
Originally posted by Lucee


Very nice!!!! That's more like it.

I saw that you guys know Freak, do you know Sara & Laura Johnson, & their friend Leigh as well? How bout Sarah Chandler? Bad a$$ riders!!
Tell me about it, I raced against Laura all year (or should I say got my butt whooped by her all year ;) )
 

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
28,191
2,518
The interior of your Suburban is ginormous! :D Truck-camping at Whistler shouldn't be a pain at all... I wish I could do that.
 

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
28,191
2,518
Originally posted by BAH
yep it is beeg!! and there is two feet left beyond my feet until the front seat you cant see!:D
[preserving your spelling for all to see just in case you decide to pull a quick edit :eek: :D ]

I spent a few uncomfortable nights in the back of my parents' (but soon to be mine :eek: ) Pathfinder two summers ago. Six inches more length would have done the trick, but as it was, I ended up curled every which way... :(

 

Freak

...............................................
Aug 15, 2001
3,727
0
Redmond, Washington
Originally posted by RatFarmer
Thanks to Rhino for hooking me up with my 2002 Bullit from his RDR teammate. It's finally together. Doc gave the okay to ride, so I should be taking it to Snoqualmie this weekend on its maiden voyage.
That guide needs to be rotated more...the upper needs to be closer to the 12 o'clock position...