Quantcast

PNW's Picture thread!!

[tHe] Saint

Monkey
Mar 24, 2006
Spokane, WA
allsk8sno said:
nice ladder but a huge step down would be more fun...
it actually is a pretty big step down. It's about 20-25 feet back from that downhill transition, it just doesn't look that far back in the pic, and I'm just above the transition when the pic was taken.

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
i was talking about in the video.

i used to ride beacon abit and have hit that wood launch a few times. infact i think there is a pic of me doin a big no footer on here but it was a few years ago

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
[tHe] Saint said:
oh ok, well we have moved the wood launch back about 10-15 feet from where it use to be.
ummm, the wood jump doesnt exsist anymore... theres a 2 ft dirt kicker like 4 ft back from where the wood one used to be, nice try tho

[tHe] Saint

Monkey
Mar 24, 2006
Spokane, WA
dirtjumpP.1 said:
ummm, the wood jump doesnt exsist anymore... theres a 2 ft dirt kicker like 4 ft back from where the wood one used to be, nice try tho
well last time I was there we moved it back, and the last time I was there was last year. So nice try yourself there ass

eknomf

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Nanaimo, BC
To avoid studying, I thought I'd post some pictures. They are all fairly recent and from around Vancouver BC

The first 4 are from UBC, Vancouver

The next 3 are from Jerry Rig on Mt Fromme in North Van

This is from the outdoor show downtown

And finally, this is from Lesbians Only on Vedder Mtn in Chilliwack

[tHe] Saint

Monkey
Mar 24, 2006
Spokane, WA
bent^biker said:
deece....bar humps getting out of control!!

Well it would be a pic of me reaching up and grabbing the front tire, but its hard to get a pic of it cause I have to do it real fast for that short gap. I got a video on google video of it, but its being anal and won't let watch it.

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
[tHe] Saint said:
Well it would be a pic of me reaching up and grabbing the front tire, but its hard to get a pic of it cause I have to do it real fast for that short gap. I got a video on google video of it, but its being anal and won't let watch it.
Linkage please!

[tHe] Saint

Monkey
Mar 24, 2006
Spokane, WA

[tHe] Saint

Monkey
Mar 24, 2006
Spokane, WA
I'll have to get video of my roommate doing a 360 over that table top in arboc!'s video, and his no footed can over my friend on the big double at the bottom. He rides an identi hardtail.

[tHe] Saint

Monkey
Mar 24, 2006
Spokane, WA
yeah probably 20 - 25ish

but I have been right behind cars while doing it down that road before. And here there is a really steep road that I pass cars while manualing, and its a 35mph street, I probably get to around 45 down that road. I'll try to get video of that also.

[tHe] Saint

Monkey
Mar 24, 2006
Spokane, WA

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
[tHe] Saint said:
How do you like that rotec ? I've been looking at those, I've seen a few at the races, they look pretty good, how do they ride?
I had one of the old Rotec Moto-link bikes (The behemoths that tipped the wheelbase at close to 50") with an '02 Monster T on the front...With a Push'd Fox RC on it, the bad boy actually pedaled pretty decently. Not winning any National Championships on it these days, but a very trustworthy bike nonetheless. I loved it cause I'm 6'7" and 260, so the cockpit was spacious and it just mowed over everything.

Well, someone liberated it and my FR bike from my garage about 3 months ago. Haven't been on a bike until Saturday April 29th, when I picked this one up. The design is sooooo different you'd think that it would take some getting used to...

But it's like I've been riding this bike for years!!! I'm so at home on it, it's crazy! I don't have to think ahead on how I'm going to go into this corner, or how I need to lift my front wheel here (Like I did with my old bike...the Monster was kinda heavy....) This bike, everything is natural, which leaves me more energy to devote elsewhere. I can worry about much more important things now.

I'll have a full ride report once I get back from Fontana. The true test will be me at Whistler for the first time!!

L8,
G