Quantcast

Po-Po Pumptrack

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i helped my buddy build a pump track at his house this past weekend (he helped me put on a new roof so it's only fair ;) ). he's a coworker of mine and got another coworker of ours to lend us his tractor w/ scraper and bucket. he wanted one for his kids to ride on but i think he's more stoked about riding it than them ;) this is my first try at a pump track from design to application to shaping. the rollers will require a little tweaking to get out some of the lumps that have popped up here and there but all-in-all it's fast and super fun! can be ridden either direction and has a 4-sided table in the middle for the kids to learn some dj skills on. we have plenty of dirt around to scrape with another co-workers' tractor when we need it for another line i have planned out there.

my buddy is also a cop so we have aptly named it the "Po-Po Pumptrack" :D

front to back

my buddy learning to ride some bermage

me coming out of the big berm heading for the double into the next berm

landing the double into the berm

dave working the rollers

dorking around on the kid's table/booter. i built it steep but short so the youngins' (5-8 yrs old) can learn how to jump w/out having to clear a 15' long table

as far as location...i'll just say it's in Randolph County NC for now ;)

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
Nice. I had my first taste of a pump track this past weekend and now I want one bad. Just gonna have to wait 'til I move. No sense in all that work just to tear it down in a couple months.

RapidRob

Chimp
Aug 12, 2009
Bama
I've been interested in making a pump track for the AMG festival in central alabama this year. We have plently of dirt, and several large pieces of equipment, I'd be willing to pay for gas, food, time, and beer should anyone be able to help me lay it out one day. Only one i've ridden is @ the Santos Trailhead, but i'd love to have one 8 hours closer

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I've been interested in making a pump track for the AMG festival in central alabama this year. We have plently of dirt, and several large pieces of equipment, I'd be willing to pay for gas, food, time, and beer should anyone be able to help me lay it out one day. Only one i've ridden is @ the Santos Trailhead, but i'd love to have one 8 hours closer
You may be in luck. There are at least two pump track builders here in Western NC. They get paid though. Ben Blitch and Chris Herndon. Ben's got a trail building company. Reference Demo Dave's pump track for Herndon's handy work.