Quantcast

POC ergo spine protector

rgunn26

Chimp
Jun 12, 2011
I'm torn between getting a Poc ergo spine protector, or going for the Kali Sarpa. I don't know anyone who's tried either.Really I'm mostly after just the spine armor,but would use a full protector if it's not bulky.I'm sort of leaning toward the POC, unless the sarpas are not as hot and bulky as they look.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I've got experience with the POC, but not the Kali. I'm very very happy with it. Protection is good for the armor that's there. I had used hard shell armor for years but gave it up due to the bulk and how constrictive it felt while wearing it. Don't have either issue with the POC. My only real complaint is that because it's a dense polymer foam, it does get warm, but not to the point that I don't want to wear it (even on the hottest summer days). Sizing can be a big wonky (kind of a trend with some of their stuff). Per their sizing chart, I was supposed to be L/XL size, but when I tried it on I was absolutely swimming in it - was just way too big. I wound up with a small and it fits me fine (i'm about 6'1"), though a medium might fit me better. If you're in between on sizing, opt for the smaller. If you're able to, definitely try it on before you buy. If you're ordering online, I'd recommend somewhere that has a good return/exchange policy in case it doesn't fit. Also, apparently this year they're releasing the second version generation of their armor, not sure if sizing has changed at all.

gnarbar

Monkey
Oct 22, 2011
I'm torn between getting a Poc ergo spine protector, or going for the Kali Sarpa. I don't know anyone who's tried either.Really I'm mostly after just the spine armor,but would use a full protector if it's not bulky.I'm sort of leaning toward the POC, unless the sarpas are not as hot and bulky as they look.
The Sarpa is definitely quite heavy in the hand, but doesn't feel heavy when you ride with it. Does not restrict movement at al, but given the high grade of manufacturing, substantial level of protection etc, it's not going to be as discreet as other armour. Chest, rib, spine and shoulder protection is all top notch. Proper thick kidney belt too.

Definitely a trade off, protection versus weight/bulk. Sure it will get hotter in high summer than other thinner armour, but not to the point that it becomes unbearable.

3 seasons in and a load of riding and mine is still a-class quality. Nothing has shredded, worn out or fallen off.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I really dont like wearing much armor but this year I purchased the POC spine protector. It was a bit tough to get used to since I dont wear a suit but it's pretty comfy. I always wear a leatte and my knee's and use the spine protector when the trails are a bit nastier.

It really is comfortable esp when you get the kidney belt strapped in nice and snug. Fitting with the leatte can be a bit challenging but it works out.

No experience with kali, but the POC is a winner.