Quantcast

Poison Oak.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
hahaha. I'm super allergic to poison oak and incredibly stupid so I go tromping through it, digging in it, wading out in mud that has it in it on accident all the time.

Because of this I get it about 20 times a year (might be an embellishment, but if it is, it's not by much).

I have also had it everywhere - face, arms, back, stomach, legs, crotch, butt.... I am fully confident that the reason I got it on my junk was from scratching my balls. It's actually not as bad as you would think it would be.

Consequently, I've tried just about everything I can to get rid of it. Best thing to do for PO I've found (if it's not so bad you need to see the doc), is to wash it in as hot a water as you can stand, the hit it with cold water and finally put some caligel on it. The caligel stops it from oozing all nasty.

I just heard about something called Zanfel that's supposed to get rid of it (http://www.zanfel.com/) I ordered some, it should get here by tomorrow so I'll let everyone know if it really gets rid of the oak that I currently have on my ankle.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I get it a lot too. It's on my chest (as you may have seen...)[/size], arms, legs, butt, stuff, chin, and eyebrow...

In the shower, I put hot water on it (seems to stop itchyness), wash it with tecnu extreme and then cold water. I got some cream and prednisone from a doctor. After 1 day of that stuff, I can now bend my knee without it being really annoying.

That Zanfel looks pretty good.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Got the Zanfel stuff, tried it, it works well. The itching and oozing and all that crap are gone. The scabbing is still there, but it seems to be healing up pretty good.

I will buy it again.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
my friend Andy managed to get poison ivy all over his junk when we were building trails once... we're all still baffled as to how poison ivy came in contact with his crotch
In 5th grade I had poison ivy on my arms, hands, face, chest, legs, and of course my junk. There was no way to get around touching it. Spent a few weeks at home recovering from that bout.

The name escapes me, but putting calamine lotion on oozing areas dries them up fairly quickly.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
My favorite way to get rid of poison anything is to rub some wet sand on it at the beach, and then go surfing for a few hours. With my luck it's gone that day... Allthough I usually don't get it too bad because I'm so careful not to be around it, so there isn't much of a consequence if it doesn't go away...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
My favorite way to get rid of poison anything is to rub some wet sand on it at the beach, and then go surfing for a few hours. With my luck it's gone that day... Allthough I usually don't get it too bad because I'm so careful not to be around it, so there isn't much of a consequence if it doesn't go away...
will, the surfing around you sucks. the surfing at the end of my block, however.... :D