Quantcast

Poison Oak.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Got ya beat. Needed antibiotics (first time I needed it in the several times I've had poison oak/ivy). Hard to tell, but my arm was swollen so bad the skin was tearing from moving my arm.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
you too?! I got worked with it. Had to see the doc as I got it on my freakin eyelid. missed two days work too. That canyon might make a nice route for the DH but I'll be wearing gloves and full coverage clothes to work on it. I didn't even see any oak!

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I got some from Mor Mesa 2 weeks ago, but I thought that was gone...I have a little on my eye brow as well as chin. It's pretty much all over. I'm thinking the new DH course sucks.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Forgot about these pics.......same time as the one above. Don't mind the winter man boobs/gut. :rofl:

God that was such a horrible time.....

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
My best advice........go to the docs and get it checked out. If you're lucky you'll get a prescription for prednizone, which is a steroid. I usually refuse medications at all costs, but I had it so bad I was afraid my arm was literally going to explode. Cleared it up completely in nearly 2-3 days once the meds kicked in.

Good luck and heal up fast!

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
Trust me, go to the doc and get Prednisone. It is the real deal. I am highly allergic to poison oak and that is the "ONLY" thing that helps. You will feel relief within hours of your first dosage.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
:rofl: I remember that thread.

There's a lot side effects on that page about it...Would taking it for a few days stunt my growth? I'm pretty short as it is.

edit: I think I want to build a new DH course. :twitch:

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
I've never had poison oak because it didn't grow in Kansas (where I grew up), but I have had poison ivy once. Damn lady I was doing yard work for made me pull it put by hand without gloves and threatened to not pay me if I didn't do it.

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
Poison ivy/oak is the work of the devil. I hate that stuff with a passion, usually end up getting it once or twice a year doing trail work...you'd think I'd be able to recognize it by now

Steroids is the only way to go if you have any more than a little bit of it. I ask the doc for a shot and some prescription steriod cream...its the quickest way to relief.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
There's a lot side effects on that page about it...Would taking it for a few days stunt my growth? I'm pretty short as it is.
Prednisone may cure your PO fast(er), but it's a drug that I avoid at all costs. The side effects, in my opinion, just don't outweigh the benefits for most non-major cases of PO (Zark's eyelid = major).

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
take as hot of a shower as you can stand and you will be good in no time. good looking out.....
One of the worst things you can do, take cold showers, wash all of your sheets, towels etc and go to the doctor. I deal with this crap at least once a summer. I think I can get poison oak from the wind...........

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
The prednizone is helping big time, but I'm still a big, red, itchy mess.
At least I can see out of my right eye again!

EuroBiker

Chimp
Sep 15, 2007
Forests of Ontario
Ha i get posion ivy every year at the beginning of spring all the time for some reason. My doc makes me drink steriods wich tastes soo good and they disapear in a bout a week.:twitch:

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
We didn't even see it. Maybe it's just in the dirt in that canyon...
The oils from the plant can live year round. I always get it in the Spring. Last year I was digging jumps in March (Vermont) and got it super bad b/c of the roots I was digging through. I had to get that steroid cream. Weirdest thing was getting a big storm later that week and riding powder with horrible poison ivy, ironic?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
my friend Andy managed to get poison ivy all over his junk when we were building trails once... we're all still baffled as to how poison ivy came in contact with his crotch

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
The oils from the plant can live year round. I always get it in the Spring. Last year I was digging jumps in March (Vermont) and got it super bad b/c of the roots I was digging through. I had to get that steroid cream. Weirdest thing was getting a big storm later that week and riding powder with horrible poison ivy, ironic?
That's what I thought was weird too. Got mine mid-February, when there was about 3-4" on the ground.

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
Prednisone may cure your PO fast(er), but it's a drug that I avoid at all costs. The side effects, in my opinion, just don't outweigh the benefits for most non-major cases of PO (Zark's eyelid = major).
No doubt...I rarely seem to feel side-effects of prescription drugs, but Prednisone is horrible. "No thanks, I'm suffering well enough on my own."

...poison ivy all over his junk when we were building trails once... we're all still baffled as to how poison ivy came in contact with his crotch
But I bet his contaminated hand came in contact with his crotch. :disgust1:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
my friend Andy managed to get poison ivy all over his junk when we were building trails once... we're all still baffled as to how poison ivy came in contact with his crotch
Find the guy with poison ivy in his ass crack and the mystery will be solved.