Quantcast

Poisoned!!!!!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I had an MSG reaction last night. Crazy stuff. I will never eat at the Great Moon Buffet again. :dead:

Working in the ghetto sucks....there are no decent places to eat within a 6.5 mile radius. :plthumbsdown:

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
I think the last time I went to any kind of buffet was in high school. I came down with a really nasty case of food poisoning and was bed ridden for almost a week. I lost 10lbs and refuse to go anywhere near those places anymore.

Sep 1, 2007
16 powers st BKLN NY
We have a great cell phone pic of a Chinese menu with "No MSG" written in big letters at the top and in the background, the kitchen chefs are playing cards sitting on top of 20 gallon tubs of MSG.
...looking for data cable....

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I hate being excited for food and then seeing those long msg crystals sprinkled on top. Anyone else get msg migraines?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Actually, cat agrees with me surprisingly well & is quite cheap.

BM-that should be one of those price-less pics you see on the interweb.

GreenC-There is some bad ass fried fish shacks that have chicken (fried & wings) so far it is the only place I actually like, even though I can feel my blood pressure rise as soon as I pull in to the parking lot.

Trailslug46

Monkey
May 14, 2006
Indiana
It was probably improperly handled chicken that made you sick. I deliever to a lot of restaurants and quite a few places leave their cut up chicken sitting out at room temp. Once delievered to a place , guy was mixing up battered chicken with his bare hands. Had his arms in the bowl all the way up to his elbows. It was summertime and the kitchen was hot. Now you know what the secret ingredient is in the General Tso's chicken !!!

giantrider89

Monkey
Oct 16, 2006
P-town, MN
Saw a buffet the other day that had "100% no msg"!

better than the 85% msg free i suppose.....

-"You guess if sweet and sowa or spicy chicken has da msg! If you no puke fo five hour, you winnna!!!" :biggrin::clue:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
We have an awesome buffet here called Treasure Island. All the regular Asian foods with the addition of a Mongolian style grill with the salad bar. Not as good as Chang's Mongolian because it doesn't have as much stuff, but still damn good.