Quantcast

poker tournament for me tomorrow

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
i finished top 5 to qualify for the free poker at
our local tourist trap of a resturant"the big texan".
to win a cruse to mexico. i never got a honeymoon :blah:

i am not that good really. :blah: had good cards.

i have been fooling around for the last week online
and at familly games. all free stuff. i am not a gambler
really messes up your life.

anyway i hve been loosing huge as of late.

anyhelp from anyone?

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
Don't go calling just to see the flop. Raising or folding is the what you should be doing preflop. I am assuming this is Hold 'Em poker?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
RideND said:
Don't go calling just to see the flop. Raising or folding is the what you should be doing preflop. I am assuming this is Hold 'Em poker?

i always played "you have to be in the hand to win.
after the flop is i am not paired or have 4 of 5 card for strait or flush i am out. but i suck so bad now i will try anything

stratguy1618

Monkey
Apr 18, 2004
I play alot usually if you are playing online it is alot harder to read a bluff but when in person you dont really have to play the cards just play the other player. For example if they raise small and you sense weekness i tend to reraise unlessi really have nothing I usually only do it when i have a pair, low or hi. That way it makes them think again whether they have the best hand. Also dont play to conservative, that is a common mistake when you are on a losing streak, you have to remain unpredictable, for example if they flip their cards after they fold, and you win the pot show them only one of your cards, just to play with their head a little. But if on a PURE bluff if you flip your cards, it agitates the opposing player ( or at least it does to me). Also watch the movie Rounders its a great poker movie.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
stratguy1618 said:
I play alot usually if you are playing online it is alot harder to read a bluff but when in person you dont really have to play the cards just play the other player. For example if they raise small and you sense weekness i tend to reraise unlessi really have nothing I usually only do it when i have a pair, low or hi. That way it makes them think again whether they have the best hand. Also dont play to conservative, that is a common mistake when you are on a losing streak, you have to remain unpredictable, for example if they flip their cards after they fold, and you win the pot show them only one of your cards, just to play with their head a little. But if on a PURE bluff if you flip your cards, it agitates the opposing player ( or at least it does to me). Also watch the movie Rounders its a great poker movie.
i have seen rounders. yeah, it is a good movie.

thanks we will see how it goes tomorrow

UCSBrian

Chimp
Mar 11, 2002
seattle
"after the flop is i am not paired or have 4 of 5 card for strait or flush i am out"

that is wrong.

The only way to win poker tournaments is to win hands that you are not supposed to win. Waiting for the cards will not work.

Ill go with the old cliche of play the people not the cards.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
well, i made it to the first break.
i watch what my cards did folding
or not. i would have only won 1 had
if i would have stayed in with a 2H-6D.
that would have made a trip. i did slip one pot
on my last hope small stack all in. that gave me
enough chips for two more hands. next cards i got
were pocket 7's and got nothing. i even had a open
strait draw at the river and NADA.

my luck has been off. but i had fun for free.
sat next to a fun silver headed woman. she suck jsut as bad :mad: