Quantcast

Pole Bikes hates Ridemonkey

aenema

almost 100% positive
Sep 5, 2008
Price raised due the the need to cover all those warranty claims. Too many people getting two frames for the price of one for that model to be sustainable. Just my guess...

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I wonder if they thought the overseas-made Evolink would be their bread and butter... but then designed a very fugly bicycle, and the sales throughput isn't happening.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Price raised due the the need to cover all those warranty claims. Too many people getting two frames for the price of one for that model to be sustainable. Just my guess...

I can't think of a more expensive way to build a frame than to machine it. I think they are realizing that.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I saw a Pole bike in the flesh on Saturday, but...social distancing and all...

I was floored, though. I didn't think they existed in the wild, most especially around local parks in the 'burbs.

Last edited:

Loki87

Monkey
Aug 24, 2008
Salzburg, Austria
Some c-clamps and a little Gorilla Glue and he will be back on the trail in no time.
It´s a feature! Easy diy frame repair. Avoid all the annoying warranty procedures by simply being able to fix it yourself.
Each frame soon to come with a complementary bottle of glue! (No c-clamps though. those will be sold seperately but milled from a full block of aluminum for only 149,95$)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It´s a feature! Easy diy frame repair. Avoid all the annoying warranty procedures by simply being able to fix it yourself.
Each frame soon to come with a complementary bottle of glue! (No c-clamps though. those will be sold seperately but milled from a full block of aluminum for only 149,95$)

Slap on a few zip ties or hose clamp for extra strength

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
B-b-b-b-ut I thought this was the right way to fold a Pole...

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
i wonder how they justify that increase, does the bike need now more cnc time? glueing and screwing that frame together suddenly takes more time? or did leo just get greedy?
Maybe they use a continuous weld down the seams, like an Intense but CNC milled so it's aligned properly.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
I just looked at the shit show at emptybeer about those pictures. Man those 3 Pole fanbois really got upset about somebody posting those pics on the internet...

Learning the incident occurred when the rider was on XC type trails and how the rider got his face pretty banged, and reading the usual declaration from Pole stating how they control everything is mind blowing.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Maybe they use a continuous weld down the seams, like an Intense but CNC milled so it's aligned properly.
Yeah, I have to wonder what the glue-seems do when you take big hits and the frame flexes...I mean, it's going to flex.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Yeah, I have to wonder what the glue-seems do when you take big hits and the frame flexes...I mean, it's going to flex.
It's not really much different to brazing, then again I don't think anyone would braze a whole frame down the guts, maybe some beardy weirdo at the North American Hipster Bike Shitshow but not somebody attaching a warranty to a product.

I wonder if the drink bottle cages fall off when they split in half?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Pole reminds me of Intense in a number of ways... other than the years of top level race wins, of course.
Given an outspoken owner to me it's more Ellsworth but with some engineering thought behind them

Though I always like when Euro companies talk abour how 7xxx series alu is aerospace super duper tech when often a lot of its use comes from availability in yurp. Or at least it used to be this way.

Last edited:

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
Given an outspoken owner to me it's more Ellsworth but with some engineering thought behind them

Though I always like when Euro companies talk abour how 7xxx series alu is aerospace super duper tech when often a lot of its use comes from availability in yurp. Or at least it used to be this way.
The engineer in the company I worked at said 7000 series was significantly stronger than 6000 and his reason for using it was not because he didn't need to buy a heat treat oven. I trusted him. The super duper tech was the even stronger 7000 series with some scandium mixed in that they used to get from Easton and now from a Taiwanese supplier with even more scandium. It's amazing how thin some sections of tubing are in my 2300g tandem frame they made from it.