Quantcast

Police stealing from Wal Marts.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I just saw on MSNB that this wal mart was being gutted by people. But the shocking thing was that there were like 6 female police officers with shopping carts stealing merchandise. When questioned by the reported she says, "im just doing my job, looking for looters." She says this as her partner is walking around with a shopping cart.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
valve bouncer said:
I think my bsometer just blew a gasket.

I just saw it on MSNBC. It was real footage, the reporter was there. Yeah, im sure the cops were fake and the got the costumes and guns from the 7/11.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
....and this surprises you? N.O.P.D has been and probably still is, the most corrupt pd in the nation. do a google search for New Orleans PD corruption, you'll be amazed.
i work w/ a guy that came from there, he said it was REALLY bad and he didn't feel comfortable working there anymore because he was always tempted by bribes.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
I've heard the allegations of NOPD being crooks with badges before. Don't know how true it is..but joining the looters isn't going to improve their image.

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
They recently brought in a new Chief who worked in NYC pre/post 911 and he has made some headway. Appearantly not enough though.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
TheMontashu said:
Shouldent all you librals be happy that "the walmart monster" is being louting?
I'd be happier if you expanded your vocabulary. Or learned to use words in their proper context...

lout ( P ) Pronunciation Key (lout)
intr.v. lout·ed, lout·ing, louts
To bow or curtsy.
To bend or stoop.

Being "liberal" or "conservative" has nothing to do with hating or loving walmart. And FWIW I show my hatred of WalMart by not shopping there, not by looting.
I am saddened that people are forced to steal in order to get food and water. I am angry that people would choose to steal for no reason other than greed, especially when they could be helping their fellow human beings. I am very grateful that I am not in N.O. right now and that I can give what I can to help those people in need.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
mack said:
I just saw on MSNB that this wal mart was being gutted by people. But the shocking thing was that there were like 6 female police officers with shopping carts stealing merchandise.
I find this shocking and appalling. I figured they'd be looting the local Krispy Kreme.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
I was watching my local news last night. One of the reporters from the news team had been in town when the storm came and was stuck in a hotel for a few days. There were a few doctors there too, and children were getting sick, etc. He said that he was angry with the reporting of police stealing from stores, because, at least in one case, he said that the doctors in the hotel had asked/begged the police to get anything that would help them fight the disease that was with some children.

I believe this story because afterwards, the reporter did something very un-reporter-ish, he started to cry. :( :( :(

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Think about it though... everything goes to hell...literally... I guess at that point you're driven to keep yourself alive because no one else is going to do that for you.

Everyone is looting and you're trying to keep them from doing that but at the same time, your family is depending on you to take care of them. What do you do?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Serial Midget said:
Today's morality test: Would you loot your LBS after a similar disaster? Chain lube and fork oil would be pretty hard to find...
MY LBS just called me to tell me a single speed converter will cost NZ$60, so yeah, I'd have no problem looting the crap out of em.

Edit: Any one of you guys can help me out with a SS converter? I have PayPal...

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Changleen said:
MY LBS just called me to tell me a single speed converter will cost NZ$60, so yeah, I'd have no problem looting the crap out of em.

Edit: Any one of you guys can help me out with a SS converter? I have PayPal...
Dude - just break up an old block, use a single cog (14/15tooth) with a bunch of spacers either side to correct chainline and butcher an old derailleur if you need a tensioner.

Or buy a decent horizontal-dropout frame to start with....

Edit: - If you'd loot if you had a chance then you should take up theft now.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
fluff said:
Dude - just break up an old block, use a single cog (14/15tooth) with a bunch of spacers either side to correct chainline and butcher an old derailleur if you need a tensioner.

Or buy a decent horizontal-dropout frame to start with....
Am doing so, (as we type my bike is waiting only for teh spacers - I'm off to Mitre 10 Mega (Home Depot type thing) this lunchtime to get em) and my frame haz hoz. :)
Edit: - If you'd loot if you had a chance then you should take up theft now.
Hmmm, No.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Serial Midget said:
Today's morality test: Would you loot your LBS after a similar disaster? Chain lube and fork oil would be pretty hard to find...
If I had to because it was the only transportation avaialable and someone's life depended on it - yes. Anything short of that I would not. The law generally recognizes life or death needs in a case like this and If it's an emergency you can use the necessity defense.

If I had to take something I would however make sure to pay for it when whatever the emergency was had passed. It makes a good excuse to upgrade the bike. :D

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
manimal said:
....and this surprises you? N.O.P.D has been and probably still is, the most corrupt pd in the nation. do a google search for New Orleans PD corruption, you'll be amazed.
i work w/ a guy that came from there, he said it was REALLY bad and he didn't feel comfortable working there anymore because he was always tempted by bribes.

holy crap. i did the google search and am in disbelief. N.O. cops are thugs, to put it lightly

boostindoubles said:
holy crap. i did the google search and am in disbelief. N.O. cops are thugs, to put it lightly
Yes,yes they mostly are.
Any and all devious things from having witnesses wacked for a coke ring to armred robbery, jewelry heists ,beatings, set-ups, etc.... its pretty unreal cuz when you live in NO you hear and see alot more than what is reported outside of this hellhole......
Its common knowledge in NO hat youcan pretty much buy anything.
As a youth i paid to have so many speeding tickets "removed" it's not even funny. Thats the same for anybody who's willing to pay.
Thats the tip of the iceburg...(wink ,wink)
I know better now. :cool:

Damn True said:
Loo,

So do you think the cases against the cops that up and split town (as much as 1/3 of the force) will go anywhere?

Oh they'll make a few examples out of the worst ones but really the more you harrass the cops as a whole ,the officers association led by Martin Defillo as i recall makes things difficult for the city. The city usually doesn't mess with the cops in fear of rocking the boat.

Its sad man, b\c the hurricane situtaion could be a catlyst for the entire NO crooked culture to purge itself and strart fresh but just like anything in the south change comes excruciating slow if not at all.

I wish Farakan would take up the deserter cop issue instead of the other nonsense BS causes and put heat where it is most deserved.
Farakan using airtime blaming whitey for exploding the levees ranks right up with crop circles and UFO's..... :rolleyes: