Quantcast

Political Correctness Overdone

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
They were talking about this on a local radio station today, and it has alot of truth to it. They had all kinds of callers, some of the more interesting ones were "We dont score T-ball anymore, because if someone lost it would hurt their self image" and "in our school we dont give out Fs because it will lower the self esteem of the student" the DJs ripped apart the people who advocate treating children like this. Sure everyone wants their kid to be happy, but the way things are becoming everyone is going to turn into a giant pussy. They read these out on the radio, and they make alot of sense.

Bill Gates' Rules for Life

Rule 1: Life is not fair. Get used to it.

Rule 2: The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

Rule 3: You will NOT make $40,000 a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice-president with a car phone, until you earn both.

Rule 4: If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss. He doesn't have tenure.

Rule 5: Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your grandparents had a different word for burger flipping; they called it opportunity.

Rule 6: If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault. Don't whine about your mistakes -- learn from them.

Rule 7: Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how "cool" you are. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parents' generation, try "delousing" the closet in your own room.

Rule 8: Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life has not. In some schools they have abolished failing grades; they'll give you as many times as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

Rule 9: Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you find yourself. Do that on your own time.

Rule 10: Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

Rule 11: Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
binary visions said:
Weak?

Why, does it sting because it's true?

Sting?

It's just stuff that has been said over.....and over....and over....and over....

Bill gates can tell me NOTHING about how to run my life. :oink:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
chicodude01 said:
Sting?

It's just stuff that has been said over.....and over....and over....and over....

Bill gates can tell me NOTHING about how to run my life. :oink:
If it's been said over and over, but is applicable (which it is), then it's not "weak", it's just "overdone". Do you know what "weak" means?

Given the amount of idiots that pull crap like what CH posted before the email, I'd say it can't possibly be overdone.

And Bill Gates didn't write it (obviously) - do you really think Bill Gates has written ANY of the numerous forwards going around with his name on it?

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
binary visions said:
And Bill Gates didn't write it (obviously) - do you really think Bill Gates has written ANY of the numerous forwards going around with his name on it?
I'm still holding out for my cash that he's sending me. It just got lost in the mail.

The Ito

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i figured this post was gonna be about Fox changing the name of "The Best Damn Sports Show" to the "The Best Darn Sports Show" when they aired it after the super bowl.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Ciaran said:
:stupid:

I only wish more people would check Snopes before they forward e-mails.
The people who are knowledgeable enough to check usually have some self control over using the forward button on their email program.

If a person isn't work related I ask them nicely once to not send chain emails, and the second time they get filtered straight into the trash. I don't have time to deal with that ****. (Can you tell it's a pet peeve of mine? :D )

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
I used to reply with a link to Snopes and a essay writen by some dude from C-net about the costs of wasted bandwith worldwide, but eventually I just got a new e-maill address and didn't tell the worst offenders.