Quantcast

Politics and Facebook...

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I think I give up. I want to just yell "shut the f*#k up already!!!!"

If my mom in law wasn't a friend, I just might have done it. What a bunch of whiny cunts I have for friends. I am super duper tired of every Goddamned post being about health care or Biden cursing, or any of it. Whiny cunts I tell ya. :rant:

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
Politics is a big show. Only the stupid still watch.
This country was bought a long time ago. The laws will follow the money. I have no money, so I have to be quiet about the laws I break. say la vee

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I am super duper tired of every Goddamned post being about health care
apparently most of my dumb friends and of course their dumbs friends, seem to think we are getting free healthcare.
after asking where it says we are getting free healthcare, they continue on about how they shouldnt have to pay for people who dont have insurance. :think:

Gunner

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Framingham, MA
apparently most of my dumb friends and of course their dumbs friends, seem to think we are getting free healthcare.
after asking where it says we are getting free healthcare, they continue on about how they shouldnt have to pay for people who dont have insurance. :think:
we must have the same friends.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I find most of the time that talking about politics with someone whom you disagree is almost completely pointless. Come to think of it, talking about politics with someone whom you agree is pretty pointless too.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I find most of the time that talking about politics with someone whom you disagree is almost completely pointless. Come to think of it, talking about politics with someone whom you agree is pretty pointless too.
there are a few people i know from high school that are on the opposite end of the political spectrum from me that can actually defend their position and not resort to name calling. Granted they aren't super far right, but still.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
there are a few people i know from high school that are on the opposite end of the political spectrum from me that can actually defend their position and not resort to name calling. Granted they aren't super far right, but still.
"But what about the death camps!?!?" :panic:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
one time i trolled someone with a fake policy i was in favor of:

to administer IQ tests at age 12. Based on the results, selecting from the 75th to 100th percentile for further education, the 50th to the 74th percentile to be trained for skilled labor (mechanics, machinists, etc), the 25th to 50th percentile to be sent to the fields as farm labor, and anyone under the 24th percentile would be euthanized and the corpses would be utilized for food and fertilizer.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...

to administer IQ tests at age 12. Based on the results, selecting from the 75th to 100th percentile for further education, the 50th to the 74th percentile to be trained for skilled labor (mechanics, machinists, etc), the 25th to 50th percentile to be sent to the fields as farm labor, and anyone under the 24th percentile would be euthanized and the corpses would be utilized for food and fertilizer.
So how did that one go off? I would expect some mouth breather types would be all for it, as long as their taxes didnt pay for it...

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I agree with you, I know a couple of people like that-
I guess I'm just becoming bitter, and feel like talking about it doesn't change much of anything accept for cause problems with someone that you otherwise like.
Wouldn't it be nice to have civil conversations, and actually learn from someone, without having to label each other?
I don't know if it's in human nature to do it that way.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants

Soilent Green....

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
They're not death camps, they're CONCENTRATION camps. It's to help them study better.

And I agree politics on FB is awesome. My mother (works for a public school) and sister (2 kids, 3rd on the way) were complaining about a "new entitlement program" that they were going to have to pay for, and how people should take personal responsibility and pay for their own health care.

I pointed out that since I don't have kids I'm paying into one of the biggest "entitlement programs" around, year after year of taxes to pay for the public schools which I get zero benefit for. Since it only costs ~$20,000/child/year, I figure that they should be responsible for educating their own kids, and stop asking ME to pay for everything for them.

They didn't see the connection... :think: