Quantcast

Poll: Do you play board games?

What do you think about board games

• I love to play board games and I know my favorite monopoly piece off the top of your head.

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Ahh I don't care I'll play them if other are.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • I hate them and their stupid buzzers and confusing rules.

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
It seems like I'm at the age where drinking parties are no longer about trashing your friends parent's house but now their about getting drunk playing board games.

I for one F'ing HATE board games. I can not remember a time when one was finished, they take forever, nobody ever really knows the rules, it's all judgement calls, people always seem to argue about STUPID crap.

/rant off

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
It seems like I'm at the age where drinking parties are no longer about trashing your friends parent's house but now their about getting drunk playing board games.

I for one F'ing HATE board games. I can not remember a time when one was finished, they take forever, nobody ever really knows the rules, it's all judgement calls, people always seem to argue about STUPID crap.

/rant off
:stupid:

They are the slightly more adult version of drinking games. I hate drinking games too, I don't need a game to make me drink, I do fine on my own.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
:stupid:

They are the slightly more adult version of drinking games. I hate drinking games too, I don't need a game to make me drink, I do fine on my own.
Thats my point exactly!!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Stosh, looking at your poll, what the hell games are you playing that have buzzers??

The only board game I really care for is Trivial Persuit and that's because I kick everyone's ass in it. :) I don't think I've played that or any board game in like a year though.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
I was like lets get drunk and burn stuff.

Now that is a party!

When I used to live in Cincinnati a redneck friend of mine used to have some crazy after work parties. One of them I was too drunk to drive but I had to move my car and ended up running over his mailbox, the solution to the broken mailbox was to soak it in gas and light it. Burn baby burn.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I tried to play solitaire with a deck of cards not too long ago. What a pain in the ass shuffling and dealing and moving cards around and stuff.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Now that is a party!

When I used to live in Cincinnati a redneck friend of mine used to have some crazy after work parties. One of them I was too drunk to drive but I had to move my car and ended up running over his mailbox, the solution to the broken mailbox was to soak it in gas and light it. Burn baby burn.
Oh man thats so awesome!!

The only good party left in my life is the one I throw every year.

I don't think we're throwing it this year.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
I looove to play board games, but it's not normally something we do as a drinking event. A buddy of mine I used to work with is into games big time. We used to play some type of card/board game at least once a week at lunch. We occasionally head over to his place for an afternoon of multiple games or one big long game of Advanced Civilization. Sounds geeky, but is a great way to spend the afternoon (if I'm not out riding my bike that is :D )

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Baby Fish Mouth!!!!! anyone know the reference?

I usually only play board games with either my entire family or my religious friends.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I love *some* board games. As of late I've been playing alot of the Tonka Truck Game and Candyland with my 3-1/2 and 2-1/2 year olds...... I think my brain is turning to oatmeal. :dead:

But playing games with 'em *is* fun, I must admit. :thumb:

-S.S.-

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SkaredShtles said:
I love *some* board games. As of late I've been playing alot of the Tonka Truck Game and Candyland with my 3-1/2 and 2-1/2 year olds...... I think my brain is turning to oatmeal. :dead:

But playing games with 'em *is* fun, I must admit. :thumb:

-S.S.-
thats a different case but adults playing games is dumb.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
you play naked parcheesi too?
Actually the last time we were played a game at our friends house we played strip poker. Now mind you not only do I hate playing cards but I am also not good at them. But that another story.
My GF is only slightly better than me but she was pretty much naked except for a pizza box. Well the daughter of the couple who's house we were at came down and saw us playing. No a big deal but the thing is my GF has her as a student now....

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Chess counts right?

I like scrabble too...

I'm bad at Trivial Pursuit

Kick butt in Monopoly
Love Risk
Hate Life
Jenga is fun cuz you get to knock things down...
:D