• No

Votes: 21 16.9%

• Total voters

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Renegade said:
I agree with what E.C. has said here; the guy is irritating, but so what? So are half the people on the internet. The real world is full of people that you won't get along with. Learn to live with it. Here in cyberspace, you have an ignore feature. Use it. You want to ban people from "your internet site" because you don't like what they say? Grow up. Move someplace where they only let elitist wimps live, shut your windows and doors, and feel secure.
My rant is over.
That's not exactly what I said,though I can see how it was misconstrewed, but for the record I voted to ban him. and yes James/Go ride I realize that this really is a private forum with rules, and not a democracy . It is just in my nature to be a nice guy and give people a chance to straighten up or ignor those who try to stir up nonsense , but this guy seems to have a long history of being bitter and attacking people, so burn the witch.
funny thing is concidering how many events he has supposidly attended, I probably have met him and I would be willing to bet that he doesn't come off the same way in person. If he did he would surely be all alone at the races, after all DH racing is as much about positive vibes and comeradery as it is competitiveness.
Peace E

J

JRB

DH SB RIDER said:
i was just gonna say that
This is the first post of this kid's I read, but I say ban him too. Ban him for mack. While mack seems dumb, he seems cool. ;) Spackler - get rid of the little bitch. He is just wasting space that could otherwise be wasted by me. :D

BAN!!!!BAN!!!!BAN!!!!BAN!!!!BAN!!!!BAN!!!!BAN!!!!

Jul 17, 2003
Salt Lake City
E.C. said:
That's not exactly what I said,though I can see how it was misconstrewed, but for the record I voted to ban him. and yes James/Go ride I realize that this really is a private forum with rules, and not a democracy . It is just in my nature to be a nice guy and give people a chance to straighten up or ignor those who try to stir up nonsense , but this guy seems to have a long history of being bitter and attacking people, so burn the witch.
funny thing is concidering how many events he has supposidly attended, I probably have met him and I would be willing to bet that he doesn't come off the same way in person. If he did he would surely be all alone at the races, after all DH racing is as much about positive vibes and comeradery as it is competitiveness.
Peace E
Yeah, I think I mis-read your original post the first time. I was so excited about The Mob getting bigger that I lost my sense of reason. My apologies.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
James | Go-Ride said:
I was so excited about The Mob getting bigger that I lost my sense of reason.
The Mob?? More like the Gestapo!

(I tried finding a pic an of Gestapo officer but I ran across some freaky sites)

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
James | Go-Ride said:
This isn't exactly a "public place," it's actually private property. As such, users who don't abide by the rules have their accounts available at the discrepancy (sorry if I spelled that wrong) of the administration. If board users aren't contributing to the benefit of other members, or are violating rules like no flaming and no racist remarks (I PM'd one of the users mentioned in this thread regarding that a few minutes ago), then I don't think it's a necessity that they should be allowed to use the board. RideMonkey traditionally has been a place for people to get advice, speculate about products, and generally enjoy the company of other riders. I don't think it's unreasonable for the users of the board to voice complaints about other users who are taking advantage of something and twisting it into some sort of circus where anything goes simply because they have the "right" to do so. They don't.

I would say that you're in the lower position for criticizing someone for asking opinions, instead of responding with something constructive. But that's just my $0.02 (USD, of course :D ).
James, yes, ridemonkey and MTBR are places that you go to for advice, get answers for your questions. You know as well as I that flaming and gang mentality are prevalent on both websites. Thespackler is only one of many people on both websites who may have nothing positive to contribute. I have found it easiest to just ignore folks like that. But this public outcry for banning? It reeks of witch-hunt, McCarthyism, nazi germany etc. where the few get the crowd going to follow them in a pack mentality. And where does it end? Who gets banned next, because we don't like what they say? It's up to the administrators of the website to cull the herd with a ban, not the mob of rome.
That is why I suggested ignoring him.

renegade999

Monkey
Jan 6, 2005
no bans. thats ridiculous. just call him out to your next race. whoever gets the faster time, is the better man that day in time. if he don't show to your local race, show up at his. then you'll truly gain the respect of the dh community

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
johnbrittain said:
A WITCH! A WITCH!....

....BURN HER!
How is it that BOTH banning threads have disintegrated in Python geekery? (My fault in the other one...)

MD

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV

Wie do not liebe your comments on riding, Herr Spackler, du must go away now... We are die Ridemonkey Gestapo, wie are not kidding around. No more fun of any kind!

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...unfortunately I'd have to agree with the guy from Fantasy Island here - Spackler is outspoken and argumentative, but not full of criminal hatespeech type stuff, or trying to purposely sabotage a business transaction. If we started banning people for being an occasional pain in the a$$, there would be like 500 members...:)

...and no - the pic of the Jewish guy about to get captured by the Nazis isn't funny.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Not a Jewish guy.

German/Dutch guy Arman Raynd. Considered a political dissident in his days, he got banned to work camp.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
MikeD said:
How is it that BOTH banning threads have disintegrated in Python geekery? (My fault in the other one...)

MD
They used mob mentality as a comedy vehicle, so it fits the thread topics.