Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Ok, Bacon

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
A few years back, mama :monkey: @TreeSaw made a run of sweet RM beanies for us cold climate folks.
Any interest in another run?

Price "should" be sub-$20 delivered, with actual shipping costs being the variable.
RM beanie.jpeg

To keep it simple let's say you can have any color you want so long as it's black (like this ^^^)
Her and I have been talking about this for a week or two, and now that @Full Trucker jump started the tshirt order I say we do this.

Treesaw will do the embroidery and I'll foot the temporary bill if needed to get the hats/materials.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Also, I snagged one from @TreeSaw when she did some limited runs a year or so ago. It's nice, I like!

A couple of things on fit and weight: I have an average or maybe small-ish melon for my size (7-1/2 hat head) and I feel like it fits a bit snug. And it's super warm, which is awesome. But it's too thick and too warm to wear under a helmet while riding IMNSHO. But for just chillin' around and keeping your noggin' warm it's straight up awesome.

YMMV.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Also, I snagged one from @TreeSaw when she did some limited runs a year or so ago. It's nice, I like!

A couple of things on fit and weight: I have an average or maybe small-ish melon for my size (7-1/2 hat head) and I feel like it fits a bit snug. And it's super warm, which is awesome. But it's too thick and too warm to wear under a helmet while riding IMNSHO. But for just chillin' around and keeping your noggin' warm it's straight up awesome.

YMMV.
I second this. Pretty tight fit although it should be a perfect if not little too big for me. Hope it widens over time.
Stays nicely put though, other beanies seem to slip up my head if I am working outside and start sweating a bit.
I do not use it for riding, just to look cool and stay warm. :D

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I love the idea and sound like a jerk but I really only do thin merino for beanies. Fleece anything isn't gonna work for me climate-wise.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I think I've mentioned this in the past, but a sew-on patch seems like it would be a good solution to the beanie-preference issue. I too prefer non-synthetic materials for my tuques. I also have a plethora of tuques already. A patch I could sew on top of the existing ones would be swell. I'm thinking something rectangular that could be sewn over the edge of the tuque, like this:
1639431314915.png

but this could be a good option too:
1639431355817.png

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I got an Icicle Brewery beanie that was way too small. I also have a Trestle one that is way too big. I have a couple in the middle that work alright, but I still occasionally can't find one.