Quantcast

Poll: Snowshoe or Whitetail

Snowshoe or Whitetail

• Total voters

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Just wondering who is doing which race. I am going to Snowshoe. Dont want this to turn into a pissing match. Like I said just wondering who is doing what.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
whitetail. doing it for the community, the closeness and the fun. snowshoe knows there's money to be had in mtn biking, whitetail needs some convincing.

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
corey_dcstreet said:
whitetail. doing it for the community, the closeness and the fun. snowshoe knows there's money to be had in mtn biking, whitetail needs some convincing.
I agree, if enough people show up for this race it might convince them to open the mountain back up.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Suppport Whitetail and they might reopen......the place closed in 2000, they had about 20 trails. The trails are very diverse also........lotta of really cool and varied terrain.....

Has a good lift and is just a real nice place.......snowshoe is great but for this one weekend i am supporting Whitetail.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Good point made by Corey. Sounds like it would be a great idea to support Whitetail if it may show them reason to open back up. It's all about options and growing the sport.

Bearmntpicnic

Monkey
Oct 23, 2005
charlottesville
so this is a who is going where not which one is better correct? because snowshoe has 18 trails alone on the western territories side not to mention almost the entire alphabet on the basin side, also some dirt jumps, drop park, new ten and five footer one quick draw, also numerous features on the basin side.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Bearmntpicnic said:
so this is a who is going where not which one is better correct? because snowshoe has 18 trails alone on the western territories side not to mention almost the entire alphabet on the basin side, also some dirt jumps, drop park, new ten and five footer one quick draw, also numerous features on the basin side.
No this isnt about which one is better. Like I originaly posted please dont turn this into a pissing match. Start you own thead if you want to do that. Just want to see where people are going.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Both are good and offer fun stuff. However, Snowshoe has always been a real fun place. So, that's where I'll be.

I hope that all who go to Whitetail and have a blast. make sure to take some pics!!!!!!!!!!!

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
I'll be going to whitetail for the DS race on sat, and the DH race on sunday. I'll be sporting a jersey with a big 'VT' on it. Might be a couple of us there

-MV

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
I'll be at Whitetail all weekend. It's just so much closer and from what everyone says, has great riding. I would go crazy for regular lift access 2 hours away.

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
BigMike said:
I'll be the only one representing the Southern part of VA up at Whitetail :thumb:

I'll only be doing the Sunday race though, $100 is tooooo much!
:nopity: Sunday race only - $60 and you get no Friday lift pass. Just wanted to make sure you knew!

el_gordo

Chimp
Jun 13, 2004
DC (Da Capital)
Whitetail -- 2 hours closer and a lot less to park the RV at a local campground than renting a condo at SS -- but I am saving the nickels for Mayhem.

Where are the entry fees posted??? I got the schedule from Racer's Edge but did not see anything about $$$

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
I'm doing Whitetail because I looove the idea of doing a downhill race within two hours of D.C.!!!!!

Snowshoe tempted me because amateur women race for free. I'll race there later in the season most likely.

yellowrake

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
Freeland, Md.
No matter where you travel this weekend, keep the wheels spinning, the rubber side down, and most importantly, HAVE FUN. Personally, I'll be at Whitetail, putting my my best foot forward to host a stellar event. Props to the Snowshoe staff for building one hell of a program... hope to see you guys later this summer.
peace-out
MH