Quantcast

Poll: What beer should I make.

What type of beer?

• Total voters

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
This is my 2nd round of beer I am going to be making. First batch was a Chocolate Stout. Should I make a Red Ale, Pale Ale or a Brown Ale?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
on your 2nd batch, I'd say a Brown ale.
once you get a bit more experience, try a belgain or a wheat beer.
My best friend brewed a lemon wheat for his wedding that was awesome. Unfiltered and no need to add a squeeze. I think it also turned out to be like 11% as well, so that was a bonus.

Jimmi707

Chimp
Oct 16, 2007
Brisvagus Ozland
this early in your endevour the alternatives to the pale ale would be better as thier deeper flavour and dark colour can mask any school boy errors. keep an eye out for aussie brand 'coopers' - largest independent producer in Oz and a top drop :busted: master the basics first with simple batches before having a crack at the complex lines. all the best :clapping:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
do you have a recipe?

I have a couple o recipe's that I have been refining... I have a great red ale, a nice brown, and a fiesty amber! :thumb: all of which can be brewed with extract brewing (I assume you are not doing whole grain yet)... I have them scribbled down in a notebook... but I have to type them up because a few other monkeys (cough cough BadDNA cough) I think have asked for them as well! I haven't been brewing much so I had forgotten about it!

let me know! :thumb:

PS a red ale usually takes some steeping of grains to help color the wort the reddish color so it will broaden your experience! <do that!

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
this early in your endevour the alternatives to the pale ale would be better as thier deeper flavour and dark colour can mask any school boy errors. keep an eye out for aussie brand 'coopers' - largest independent producer in Oz and a top drop :busted: master the basics first with simple batches before having a crack at the complex lines. all the best :clapping:
Yeah Coopers is great for home-brew, has to be to be able to survive that sh*thouse Adelaide water. My uncle brews their dark ale, comes out at about 3.5% (he's an old fart) but it's bloody beautiful.