Quantcast

Polo Grounds

yojimborace

Monkey
Oct 26, 2004
SC
Does anyone know why the jumps got murdered? I went there once when it first happened and came back today and there were 2 jumps and a bunch of ruined jumps . Me and some friends fixed a few. Does anyone know what happened to them? :confused:

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
yeah, there is so many other places to jump in Santa Cruz, most of which are illegal, that the polo grounds gets neglected. Its really a shame. But most of the other spots have bigger jumps, and better lines. And please lets do everyone a favor that puts in the hard work at these places, and let them remain nameless! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
Some of the aptos/soquel/sc guys that are responsible for most of the more known jump spots (post office, polo, etc.) in town have their own, lesser know spots they're working on now... that's why places like polo and post office are currently in such bad shape.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
he's right, it looks like Polo is in the process of a re-model. The four pack in the middle has been dug up, and moved back, only its just two big piles of dirt. The Fence line rythem is gone except for the first two jumps. The big berm is gone, and looks to be in a place where there may or may not be a big combined landing for the last jump in the fence line rythem, and possibly a 3rd jump for the big middle rythm??? Even a lot of the stuff that was on the far left fence side has been dug up, and is sitting there waiting for someone to mold it!

If anyone finds out some info here on when the uhhhhh new Polo jumps are going to be built, let me know, I've put in an extensive amount of work at other lesser know jump spots around town, and can shape lip's as good as anyone. I'd be more then happy to help pimp out the new lines at Polo!

beaverbiker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Santa Clara
i usually go out there a little after 5. ill be there today. it doesnt need too much more work and there's a lot of **** that is rideable already