Quantcast

***Polska time GMT***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello from the past

Two more hours of moonlighting to sign. I should climb out of the hot tub like the hydrodynamic seal I am and sign one such hour eh

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I stacked up all the test rides for the end of the day. I like to push on through. The Ibis Mojo was a challenge. I was glad to get rid of it. It's a fun bike to ride though. XTR center lock hubs are hard to beat.

two-one

Monkey
Dec 15, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Yeah.....

All three of us have been trying to nail down at least a couple of basic phrases in Polish, and holy shit is it an intimidating language. We may starve to death or get horribly lost before the week in Poland is over.
Duolingo is helpful by starting Polish lessons with words like 'Mleko' and 'Ciasteczka', should keep you covered until you learn the word Piwo

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Up until almost 3am, no bueno for work.

It feels like today is going to drag on.

And its humid as fuck outside. Feels like the AC is not on or working here in the office, wtf?

Humidity screenshot for @SkaredShtles . Though being in Atlanta, its probably worse there. <Ha ha nelson laugh>
1717675770371.png

Yikes, still awake, I gotta fix this cycle somehow.
Maybe I’ll put new strings on my guitar.
cool story, eh?
Have you tried sleeping? People tell me thats the fix.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

And its humid as fuck outside. Feels like the AC is not on or working here in the office, wtf?

Humidity screenshot for @SkaredShtles . Though being in Atlanta, its probably worse there. <Ha ha nelson laugh>
No idea since we never left the airport, but it's hot as balls on this 2nd flight. :mad:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. More smile and dial. I have a bunch to do today before the automatic 'new advisor' emails get sent out tomorrow. Halfway through my list and it's going faster as I make more calls. I have my first new client meeting today, but it should be an easy topic.

Going to see Strung Out and Ignite tonight and I'm already exhausted. Gonna be a long day.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

View attachment 212869

Have you tried sleeping? People tell me that's the fix.
humid here too...
1717678266635.png

can't wake up this morning. ride yesterday dragged me through the dirt. as predicted, my buddies were chasing glory (and KOMs). They were so far ahead, Strava didn't even recognize us as having ridden together. I spent 50% of my ride in zone 5. I'm starting to worry I'm going to explode my heart trying to keep up to them...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Weather sucks here. Pollen count is astronomical as pine jizz covers everything- I wish it would rain, but instead it's going to hang out at around 88% humidity for the next day, with a possibility of a shower this evening. FFS give me rain or sun but this neither stuff sucks.

Still shopping for lawnmowers, still waiting on an offer from stealth mode co.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
tooths: cleaned

IMG_3067.jpeg

next up in a few minutes is another neighborhood spin on this same bike to see my primary care doc

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Weather is fantastic in old town Gdansk. Place the wife got us is pretty damn sweet. Between the river and an old town square, food on one side, river walk on the other. The only bummer is that the river walk is currently a construction zone, but still, solid 8/10. Air France shafted me on a checked bag, but otherwise a pleasant flight. Polish taxi was easy peasy. Time for beer, or maybe a nap first.

1000006690.jpg

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Trash day bishes!

Back to the county for yet another dumb ass form even though I asked about it three times.

picked up some handmade crab snares from a local kid, its his side hustle apart from cleaning vacation rentals. https://www.etsy.com/shop/stinsoncrabsnares/?etsrc=sdt&fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTAAAR1PwsalQW6JgIDqaQCZ86LlE7m-y05ew15LBRHqFRoC4ZyBWOP8xrDXIAw_aem_ZmFrZWR1bW15MTZieXRlcw

Might just buy a UTV and play for the week rather than flying somehwere, still undecided
How do those work? Are crabs just so dumb that they get tangled up and can't get out?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
humid here too...
View attachment 212871
can't wake up this morning. ride yesterday dragged me through the dirt. as predicted, my buddies were chasing glory (and KOMs). They were so far ahead, Strava didn't even recognize us as having ridden together. I spent 50% of my ride in zone 5. I'm starting to worry I'm going to explode my heart trying to keep up to them...
Are they roadies too? :busted:

That doesn't sound like a lot of fun, especially if you're busting balls trying to keep up. Thats when I ride like an idiot because I get so tired.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Pollen count is astronomical as pine jizz covers everything
Same issue here. Everything outside is covered in a layer of green dust and having the fans on at night to cool the house covers everything inside in it too. Woke up all bunged up from breathing it in for the last few days.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Are they roadies too? :busted:

That doesn't sound like a lot of fun, especially if you're busting balls trying to keep up. Thats when I ride like an idiot because I get so tired.
yes. and gravellers. and runners. and basement dwellers (i.e. Zwifties). It's like a switch flipped for them when they hit 50... not sure why.

I did indeed ride like an idiot... stick in spoke led to an immediate otb at medium speed. top of pubic bone is sore from it's meeting with my stem, and elbow is a little tweaked.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Not sure why the four Apache gunships just decided to buzz us so low to make the house shake.

DSO status: not impressed

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So I had an old HSA from like 4 jobs ago with $1.28 and no real way to spend it. I kept getting statements and I kept asking them to just close it. Last week I get a notification that my account was overdrawn $2.22 due to a service fee. I couldn't deposit money because my bank account wasn't attached, so I tried to attach it. They sent 2 deposits to verify, but it takes a few days.

This morning I get a notification that they closed my account and wrote off the $2.22. Then I get notification to verify my bank account. :rofl:

Truly the best system in the world.