Quantcast

Pompano Lincoln Mercury meets Orange County Choppers

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Not that working here doesnt have its perks. However they are rarely "cool." This is about as cool as it gets. I am suprised at the sheer # of people driving by, turning around and getting out of their vehicles.

and of course

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
It amazes me how all these companies are jumping on the bandwagon and paying for custom company choppers.

I guess it's free TV publicity too.
Same as any product placement.

When is OC gonna do the IPOD bike?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
It was funny, we were at our local town fair day and you can drink but you have to drink inside the deli's and stuff. Well anyway we were in this one place when all of a sudden we turn and there's Cody sitting right next to us blasted out of his mind. Gives you a whole new perspective on the kid....
In another unrelated event Mikey was hitting on my GF at our local wattering hole telling her she was pretty and asking if she was Swedish. He told her she could go home with him if she would like... YIKES!!

Anyway did you see the pics I posted of our trip to OCC?

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
Yeah people knock on them a lot, but it is mostly because they are knuckleheads. I wonder how much of that is contrived just for the show?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
To flashy...

Cutting up an old Japanese bike is cheaper.

There are some parts of that bike I like.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
beestiboy said:
Yeah people knock on them a lot, but it is mostly because they are knuckleheads. I wonder how much of that is contrived just for the show?
When Discovery Channel was originally in town filming they had to throw the father off the set because he cursed to much they couldn't get enough footage.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Sorry for the bad pic but this is the Yankee bike they did. It's got all the yankee's signatures on it. I was shooting into the sun and couldn't get a better pic.
You can see how they made the tail pipes like baseball bats. THey had some neet stuff on it.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
stosh said:
Sorry for the bad pic but this is the Yankee bike they did. It's got all the yankee's signatures on it. I was shooting into the sun and couldn't get a better pic.
You can see how they made the tail pipes like baseball bats. THey had some neet stuff on it.

Yankees suck!

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
DVNT said:
It amazes me how all these companies are jumping on the bandwagon and paying for custom company choppers.

I guess it's free TV publicity too.
Same as any product placement.
Its cheap and ever lasting. For the 2.5 million or so Lincoln got 2, 30 minute episodes where they said and flashed Lincoln apparely 21353125 times. Now we still have the bike(s) (There are a couple of them actually) rolling around the country drawing crowds. Not to mention every time Discovery has the "American Chopper marathon" and stuff.

From a purely advertising standpoint it is brilliant.

Not to mention it is mildly cool. I am a fan of the show, but not so much choppers, but this thing is very slick. The local Harley place pulled up their best customs and they look like crap sitting next to this thing.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
motomike said:
niiice. point taken. That buckle really matches in well with all of the chrome on the bike. Good choice. :oink:
Thanks. Its hard to make an accountant look like a bada$$, but the matching belt buckle and shoe buckle does it every time.

DONT MESS WITH ME! :monkey:

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
stevew said:
To flashy...

Cutting up an old Japanese bike is cheaper.

There are some parts of that bike I like.
These bikes qualify as choppers. Those other "things" couldn't farther from the spirit of what a chopper was meant to be if they tried. IMHO, of course.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
beestiboy said:
People knock em because they are annoying as hell and the show sucks. I mean those guys can build bikes, but "build" basically deals with ordering out of a catolouge and and bolting parts together. I hate all the scripted drama of that retarded show as well. Why is the dad ALWAYS pissed off :confused:. And why is there ALWAYS a deadline that they "might not make", i mean cant these guys plan anything? Its just so ghey.

The real deal is jessie, man i know he got big business but atleast he had the stones to get out. The guy made his cash without getting super ghey, and he was a true artist, working metal with his bare hands to form gas tanks... :thumb:

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
I was down in Pompano Beach last month. Nice town, had some great seafood at a place called Joe's Riverside Grill, and got hammered drinking Irish car-bombs at Blarneys.

Where do you ride a mountainbike down there???

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
ummbikes said:
I was down in Pompano Beach last month. Nice town, had some great seafood at a place called Joe's Riverside Grill, and got hammered drinking Irish car-bombs at Blarneys.

Where do you ride a mountainbike down there???
We have three trail systems.

Markham
http://photobucket.com/albums/y275/ClubMudRob/GroupRide-Makrham-06-2005/?start=all

Oleta
http://photobucket.com/albums/v259/Clubmud/Oleta GroupRide-March04/?start=all

And Quiet Waters
http://photobucket.com/albums/v259/Clubmud/Quiet Waters/

manhattanprjkt83 said:
People knock em because they are annoying as hell and the show sucks......<hater snip>
They are entertaining to watch. Dont forget Paul Sr had the Iron working business before he started making bikes for himself long before Discovery came around. Don't be jealous :nope: that they landed a sweet deal. Here is a tip, dont watch and don't buy one of their bikes

manhattanprjkt83 said:
The real deal is jessie, man i know he got big business but atleast he had the stones to get out. The guy made his cash without getting super ghey, and he was a true artist.....
Uh huh.. there is a lot of art in lets say... Making an Explorer into a Trash Truck, or a Mustang into a lawnmower :stosh:

I say good for all of them for working hard, being in the right place at the right time and getting paid.

*** I happen to think Jesse James is a much more talented bike builder, but damn the Tuttles can be fun to watch.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Very nice, I wish I had known! I was there a week and drank like a fish riding would have been better.

On topic, I like biker build off shows the best. Especially the Japanese guy who fabbed an oil tank out of some old glass parts.

Colin

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
in my tiny apartment
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Not that working here doesnt have its perks. However they are rarely "cool." This is about as cool as it gets. I am suprised at the sheer # of people driving by, turning around and getting out of their vehicles.

and of course

Ah, look at Rob all spiffy and polished.

What are you doing for the game tomorrow?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
ha, it looks like you were thinking about throwing your leg over it. you shoulda, if you didnt. :evil:

yonton228

Turbo Monkey
Mar 7, 2005
lacey washington
i watch the show cuz its funny as ****zu, but there bikes are less than stellar,lots of there bikes are not original, and they barely do any of there own work. they get 90%of there parts out of house, more power to em though. they are makin they are succesfull and they are makin their money. i guess thats what really matters.