Quantcast

pono?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I like the idea that the technology readily utilizes the format instead of adapting to it as has been the case up until this point if we all accept to utilize that format or not.... Or I will surely wait until the price is within range for me to accept another new format as has been the case up until now. Sheeple I am....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
it's a cool idea. the storage is a little on the small side, but the removable SD card helps alleviate that, since HD audio files are so damn big. how does the pono format compare to flac hd?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i've been playing alac stuff from my wife's ipod through our 7.1 system and i can notice the difference over regular speakers. it's not a high end system, but it's a start

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
it involves neil young. ergo it's crap.
http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Neil Young and Apple's Steve Jobs discussed offering digital music downloads of 'uncompromised studio quality'. Much of the press and user commentary was particularly enthusiastic about the prospect of uncompressed 24 bit 192kHz downloads.

Unfortunately, there is no point to distributing music in 24-bit/192kHz format. Its playback fidelity is slightly inferior to 16/44.1 or 16/48, and it takes up 6 times the space.