Quantcast

Poo Poo point trail???

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
Hello, I just moved to Issaquah and am in an exploring mood. I've been riding all the small local trails--high point down to high school trail, up in the grand ridge area, etc., waiting for East Tiger to open.

I was wondering...my map says that only hikers and horses are allowed on the Poo Poo point trail, but I'm wondering how strictly enforced this is. Its seems like it would be fun to shuttle from poo poo point to high point way. Quite a bit of elevation decline! Has anyone ever done this? Does anyone know anything about this?

Any help, and any insight to other trails in the Issy area would be MUCH appreciated!!

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
My 2 cents is that it would be very politically bad to do so. There's a loooong history with the Issaquah Alps Trails club and the local mtb scene and it's not always been good.

Probably the reason it's not been done lately.

Though many out here rode those trails before they were closed to bikes.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
It's not good to poach at Tiger. It's a crowded trail system, and the local DNR only tolerates mt. bikers. Mt. bikers have had to bend over backwards to keep our 3 trails open,(one of em's logged/temporarily destroyed).

Plus BBTC has adopted Preston which is a river. Lotta work goes into the trail, and tons of users.

There is talk that we're gonna get Tiger open year round, but not yet.

Just wait til April 15th, that's opening day, and you'll be able to get some fun gravity on Preston RR. Most people ride it after work because it's so crowded on weekends because it's so close to the city.

Not much gravity to go around in the wintertime, Tokul West has got a few little rippin sections. No maps though so catch on with a local ride to get the jist of the area.

Nobody talks about poaching on this site, and that's a pretty smart way to keep it.....

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
Thanks for your input, guys. I just was kind of frustrated when I found that most of West Tiger is closed to mountain bikers but not horses. That just doesn't make sense to me (I'm used to riding the Cap4 trails in Oly that are covered in horse s**t and seem to do way more damage than bikes). That's enough of my soap box though. I'll check out Tokul West.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
ffonsok said:
just if you run into anyone, be respectful- keep the trail clean too
haha what do you say to people, "Don't mind me i'm just poaching."

Giving the green light to poach, is not smart. A ranger doesn't give a rat's ass because he's probably just thinking about what he's going to eat for lunch. If the floodgates get opened on a bunch of newbs goin to poach the "Poo" he'll have to start caring because he's going to have phone calls full of complaints from the hikers who have the hair up their ass, and a heart full of new found hatred for mt. bikers.

i'm sure there are a lot of people who may enjoy smokin a fat bowl of bud from time to time, but i would find it hard to believe if they have a job to lose from it they wouldn't go advertising it all over the webbe......

anology=:clue:

Doesn't anyone any longer understand the whole notion of shaking your head up and down while saying no?