Quantcast

Pooky

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Someone selling an Indy Fab roadbike on CL locally for $750. A decade ago I'd have bought it, but zero need for it now.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
trim those shift cables dawg
I think I'm going to end up with the integrated housing stops and JB Welding the housing cap into the stop. What's the difference between housing ends? I have a set that are flat (normal) and some with tongues that are just a few mm long. Is there any point to the tongued ones?
you might win. My "head badges" are all clear aside from the black writing. Looks dumber than if the ghost were white.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
it’s almost like it was designed to work like that!
have fonn on that thing. Wells ave training crits are coming up. Go run it into some people!
I had to jb weld the front derailleur side to get it to stay. It seems pretty tight but it’s epoxy… designed yeah but not machined great. Rear derailleur side is tight.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Is it fun? If it is, you did well!
It is. I am working to get it to handle like my 3T which is part of the reason I bought it...I like that bike so much, and the geo on this is so similar. Just need to get minor things like positioning and stem length and such right so I can dive bomb corners the same way.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
It is. I am working to get it to handle like my 3T which is part of the reason I bought it...I like that bike so much, and the geo on this is so similar. Just need to get minor things like positioning and stem length and such right so I can dive bomb corners the same way.
What length stem have you got, what might you need?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
What length stem have you got, what might you need?
I think it's a 120, I'd have to double check. I would like to try a 110 but I think last time I rode it I decided that it may have something to do with the handlebar flare that adds to the handling prowess of the 3T. The confidence I have descending on that bike is stupid.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I've got a 100 on the way to try instead of the 110 that's currently installed on my roadie. If I stick with the 100, the 110 would be available.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
How did you end up getting that headset race out of the tube?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
How did you end up getting that headset race out of the tube?
Ended up using a blind bearing puller, which barely fit. Not only was the tool a complete piece of shit, but the race was just between sizes, meaning I had to expand one puller significantly or the other barely expanded. Either way, glad it was out of the way and the bead blast or baking cooked off the residual (very hard) grease.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Thanks homies. Updated image attached. Considering selling to fund an ebike as my commute has changed significantly and I need something better for urban riding or an ebike.

Attachments