Quantcast

Pooky

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'd just try to run the heat tube guides as they are with external cable down the downtube under the BB.

I've got a pack of those jagwire housing adjusters brand new if they'd be of use.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Might be the brake guide. There are regular guides for the rear derailleur and along the top tube for the rear brake. Otherwise, it's just the headtube bits.

I think I'll try giving it a little tap-taparoo with a soft mallet to insert the guide in the headtube. If that doesn't work or seem stable, I will try either the PS clamp, or this thing:

Not sure if anybody is in the UK, but it doesn't look like this is sold in the US. I'll give my LTrekS a call in a minute.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Looks like homies with the extra bontragonies have the guide and it's all of $5. I'll give it a shot and run full housing to the BB...should avoid the HT stops altogether, even though they are gorgeous.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Just stick a decent plastic ferrule in there ya big sally. I coulda killed Sapa for outsourcing the machining on those headtubes and dropouts to Taiwan, without asking me, and also heavily modifying the ht design… but instead they went outta business, hahaha

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Just stick a decent plastic ferrule in there ya big sally. I coulda killed Sapa for outsourcing the machining on those headtubes and dropouts to Taiwan, without asking me, and also heavily modifying the ht design… but instead they went outta business, hahaha
Is that what solves it? Previous owner had already epoxied the front derailleur side. That side seems to slip out a little easily IMO.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I was shopping for 10 speed derailleurs and found a tiagra 4600 that had a mangled cage. For the cost of that derailleur and the weird AliExpress carbon thing, it was still less than a 105 derailleur on eBay. So I did what sandwich does.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Not sure this is going to work. None of the plastic nor metal ferrules in my collection will stay in at all on the FD side. RD seems OK but I don't think I can make the FD hold up without glueing it in. Looks like I'm not the only one: https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=202603

Looks like that guy resorted to riveting stops on, hopefully my BB guide will work out.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Looks like a 40mm offset fork? Find a 43mm. And raise ya dang hoods.
I believe that it's a 45mm Fuji FC440...full carbon and ti dropouts, but it's also well used and not the most confidence inspiring. I may pick up something with more clearance in the future, as riding 28mm nominal tires is pretty comfy.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

Cable routed. Not perfect but okay. A little electric tape to reduce clatter, insulation to keep the tubes in, and zip ties to keep everything together

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001

Need to get it out in the sun. The color is just about perfect, and it was pretty cheap-175 complete. Very spooky.
Reminds me a bit of the paint that was on mid 90s klein fervor. That was more speckled though. Nicely done.