Quantcast

Poor e13 setup on new bikes.

J

J5ive

Do oem e13 guides come with instructions?
Built an 06 p3 today as well as an 06 A line.
Both e13 setups were shocking.

The back plate on the p3 was a good 2mm off where it needed to be. No longer bolts or spacers included. The lite guide on the Aline was worse. They have spaced between the jockey wheel and its housing, instead of on the iscg mounts. Even then it was way off line and none of the nylox on the nuts was enguaged.

My point is that you shouldn't have to refit a guide on a new bike. :nopity:

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
lets be honest, "standard" in the bike industry means "it will probably be close to fitting." Chainguides and brakes are the worst, but it it very rare to come across a build that didn't require some sort of improvization to get everything together, especially on bikes with lots of travel or big oversized tubing.

J

J5ive

Nothing wrong with the guides. They can fit the bikes with no troubles. Just setup wrong in the above cases. Just makes me wonder who they have working for them when they can't setup the product correctly on expensive bikes, at least show the lads in asia hows its done.

Lanky

Chimp
Feb 8, 2005
Ma
make a phone call to specialixed and norco. thats the place to start . I have gotten cheack from companies for spending too much time building new bikes, because of fixing the companies mistakes.

Daver

Monkey
Jun 1, 2005
Shiddeny
Johnny, I'm yet to find a DH bike that is rideable without having to pull it apart before you build it.

Jonas

Monkey
Feb 11, 2004
East Coast Represent!
J5ive said:
Do oem e13 guides come with instructions?
Built an 06 p3 today as well as an 06 A line.
Both e13 setups were shocking.

The back plate on the p3 was a good 2mm off where it needed to be. No longer bolts or spacers included. The lite guide on the Aline was worse. They have spaced between the jockey wheel and its housing, instead of on the iscg mounts. Even then it was way off line and none of the nylox on the nuts was enguaged.

My point is that you shouldn't have to refit a guide on a new bike. :nopity:
Hi J5ive,
Can you get in touch with me if you get the chance?
I'd like to discuss this issue with you so I can figure out what exactly is going on.
Regards,
Jonas
support@e13components.com 207.772.3132 est