Quantcast

Poor Euskaltel - Euskadi

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
I feel bad for them everything seems to be going wrong this tour. I mean Iban has no chance of anything great excpet maybe a stage win. However today just pissed me off, Iñigo Landaluze of Euskadi has been a pro for like 4 years and has never won anything but the asshole sprinters come and take what was to be his fisrt win ever away from him. McEwan has had like 113 wins in his career. What happened to all this crap amstrong talks about guys in the peloton letting ppl win even if they can be beat. Like no one waited for Iban but everyone waits for lance which is understandable but today the sprinters just pissed me off they have no sympathy. :mumble:

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
So what are saying here JMAC, the sprinters should have just sat up when they caught the two break away guys in a display of sympathy? Maybe you can give Al Trautwig some commentary tips.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Well no but **** they didn;t have to try so hard I mean can;t theuy just give a guy his first win. They guy is going to regret this for years.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
JMAC, I hear what you're saying and while I emotionally agree, ya just gotta realize... it's a business. Sponsor exposure is just too important to each team.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Plus, those two were trying so hard to dick each other around that neither of them won. Paul Sherwen had it dead right, with about a km left...he said that as long as they didn't try any tactical stuff with each other, they'd make it.

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
Yep it was cruel to watch. Cruel. But they did it to themselves dickin' around at the end. Landaluze even said so. He didn't turn around and didn't know the peleton was that close. He said he'd have gone from futher back had he known.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
JMAC said:
I feel bad for them everything seems to be going wrong this tour. I mean Iban has no chance of anything great excpet maybe a stage win. However today just pissed me off, Iñigo Landaluze of Euskadi has been a pro for like 4 years and has never won anything but the asshole sprinters come and take what was to be his fisrt win ever away from him. McEwan has had like 113 wins in his career. What happened to all this crap amstrong talks about guys in the peloton letting ppl win even if they can be beat. Like no one waited for Iban but everyone waits for lance which is understandable but today the sprinters just pissed me off they have no sympathy. :mumble:

They didn't wait for Iban b/c the pace was already picked up by the time Mayo crashed. Also, if they had reduced their speed, the peloton would've bunched and they's what Lance doesn't want, especially on the cobbles.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
JMAC said:
Well no but **** they didn;t have to try so hard I mean can;t theuy just give a guy his first win. They guy is going to regret this for years.

ok... but that means that they have to trust that EVERYONE will just sit up.

If you were in first place (Green jersey) and you sat up, but the guy in 2nd didn't and he stole the jersey from you, wouldn't you be pissed? YES... so you go for it.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
I agree with the commentators that if they had not spent valuable time talking to each other and trying to figure out what to do, that one of the two would have won. Letting people win a stage is one thing, but for the entire peleton to slow down would never happen. The stage was their stage (the 2 on the break) to win or lose. They messed up and lost.

Arm On Fire

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Exeter, NH & Acton, MA
the iban is cryin thing is getting old, when was the last time iban was IN yellow? 2 totally different situations. iban got dropped cause of his weak team.

those 2 riders shot themselves in the foot, insert the homer simpson "DOH!!!"

it is professional racing

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Either he or Simioni could have won that stage if they hadn't goofed around and just rode. They started jockeying to be on the other guys wheel and they got caught. Their own fault. If they had just kept hammering they'd have beaten the chaxe group by around 10sec.

Stupid mistake for both of them.