Quantcast

Poor Farm Race

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
Nope, not racing. We'll be headed up to Maryland to visit a friend that weekend.

I'm actually not racing XC this year. Too much training involved to be competative in sport class when I'm spending all my weekends on my DH bike.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Nope, not racing. We'll be headed up to Maryland to visit a friend that weekend.

I'm actually not racing XC this year. Too much training involved to be competative in sport class when I'm spending all my weekends on my DH bike.
that a girl. less training more drinkin. you have fully converted

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
id love to, did the first enduro class race last year, but i'm currently recovering from a badly broken right heel. i could've gone my whole life without learning the word calcanea. it'll be another 2 weeks before i can even spin, much less ride and i did this MLK weekend. i might go to spectate though...

Feb 18, 2007
The best ride I ever had at Poor Farm was when i jumped into an ongoing race. I let someone else(the race organizer) decide how to ride the maze of trails. This was great. No decisions, just ride!

mtwhore

Chimp
Jun 20, 2006
Harrisonburg
Going to the beach that weekend but Ill be at Dragonsback. I dont feel Ill be competitive but I think it will get me in better shape to ride a hard tail down Massanutten in May.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Hope everyone is ready! I'm excited for my first race of the season.

Big Mike, you may end up with a imprint of a Geax Saguaro tire on your forehead! :twitch: :p

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I just came back from marking and taping the course.....Its going to be a blast for all of those racing.....Have fun, good luck, ride hard, ride well.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Well, so much for that, didn't end up getting out there to shoot. This may have been the longest work weekend of my entire life. I'm NEVER taking a job from that company again!

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
I just want to thank everyone involved in the race. The organizers did and incredible job, and I want to give an extra special thanks to the trail markers (sirknight and others). The markings were extremely well done and absolutely neccessary on that crazy twisty single track. That course is FAST!

I ended up with a third place finish after several issues including losing my water bottle, having someone else take me out and breaking my chain (luckily I had a power link with me).

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Not so good here - 2.5 hour into the enduro race I cramped up so bad - ended up 17th out of 34 - but I have never hurt so bad on a bike before - I really thought I was going to need to goto the hospital afterwards.

Enduro is hard on a SS

Results

3rd 5th 6th 9th 17th 25th are all riders in my local bike club

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I just want to thank everyone involved in the race. The organizers did and incredible job, and I want to give an extra special thanks to the trail markers (sirknight and others). The markings were extremely well done and absolutely neccessary on that crazy twisty single track. That course is FAST!

I ended up with a third place finish after several issues including losing my water bottle, having someone else take me out and breaking my chain (luckily I had a power link with me).
Grats on the finish!