Quantcast

Poor Farm Spring Cup

Apr 3, 2005
12th smartest state
any one done it/planing on it this year

i did it last year for the first time with mindlessfr..and had some troubles on it..way outta shape for the 12 mile race.

im thinking of doing it again this year, now that i have a much better bike than my lana'i and i have some more ride time and im "in better shape".

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
I'd like to look into it. Do you have any info or websites you can point me towards to find out more?

dairy_dude

Chimp
Nov 19, 2004
i'm thinking i'm gonna do it. Cross countries not really my favorite but i'm up for anything that lets me get out their and race my bike.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I might. Last years was a bit of a mess. 300 people on 8 miles of trail all at the same time. It was like trying to race on the beltway during rush hour.

mindlessfr

Monkey
Sep 8, 2004
richmond, va
yea i think i switched like 4 categories all within like 10 min of the start and i still dont know what group i raced in but it was fun and i didnt do too bad

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
Sounds like fun! Checked out the link, it wasn't specific about solo entries, I'm assuming it is a regular XC race, I just don't understand why there are teams, and how the points are awarded for that? Not understanding the
The team cup award goes to the team (minimum 3 entrants required to register as a team) with the lowest number of points accumulated in all categories.
that just doesn't compute. Anyhow, always up for a race away from home, a great excuse to ride new trails!
:banghead: D'oh! only one month to burn off all them Krispy Kreme Donuts!:drool:

dairy_dude

Chimp
Nov 19, 2004
noname said:
Sounds like fun! Checked out the link, it wasn't specific about solo entries, I'm assuming it is a regular XC race, I just don't understand why there are teams, and how the points are awarded for that? Not understanding the that just doesn't compute. Anyhow, always up for a race away from home, a great excuse to ride new trails!
:banghead: D'oh! only one month to burn off all them Krispy Kreme Donuts!:drool:
i e-mailed them about that
heres their response

Hey there,

Actually it is all individual. For folks that are attempting to win the cup, they need at least 3 people riding for that team to qualify to be scored for the cup. Go ahead you wish to race in, just leave the team name blank.and enter the category

Feel free to call me if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Laurie

noname

Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
outer limits
dairy_dude said:
i e-mailed them about that
heres their response

Hey there,

Actually it is all individual. For folks that are attempting to win the cup, they need at least 3 people riding for that team to qualify to be scored for the cup. Go ahead you wish to race in, just leave the team name blank.and enter the category

Feel free to call me if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Laurie
Thanks, I appreciate that. :) Kinda dissapointed that there won't be any sort of team challenge events though. Maybe a six hour relay starting at 8am.............or a 12 hour starting at midnight and finishing as the final groups launch, that would rock.